37. the one with all smiles

I hadn't been able to stop smiling since I had walked through the airport doors. There had been some mentions of that by my lovely co-workers and most of them came from Carlos who was dying to know what had me smiling like that. Glady as soon as I had sat on the plane I had been out like light and woke up only when the plane touched the ground again.

I hadn't been this happy in a while and I was kind of excited for the Hungarian Grand Prix to be over so I could go home and spent the summer break doing every Finnish summer thing and more. I knew that it may have seemed like I had a pretty easy job with many days off, but the truth was that there was not that many days completely free, and needed to also remember that most of the weekends we were working from early morning to late in the night. So yeah, I wasn't complaining getting few weeks off.

I needed to pack before next week as I would be flying straight to Finland once the race would be over. Sure I was waiting for the race weekend but I think this was the first time I was waiting more it to be over. I think everyone was actually, I knew how much everyone needed a break from the work on the factory and the drivers as well. It would be quiet in Maranello for next two weeks once we would leave to race.

I spent the week trying to do my job and little extra so I wouldn't have to think about the work while on my holidays. Most of the time I would be found in the factory doing whatever the thing I was doing at the moment was and besides that I hang out with Carlos or ran with the same guy. I had visited Charles also for the first time. He lived twenty minutes outside of the city, near the mountains. The place was beautiful, and I was little jealous how alone he could be there. I had also had a chance to play piano for the longest time in forever, just with one hand which was a bit of a bummer but still. Before the broken arm I had been determined to improve my guitar skills as it was the only instrument I had with me here and I had been taking some steps forwards, but now I couldn't really do that either. 

It was already Tuesday night and we were sitting on the living room in Charles' place once again. It was Charles and his girlfriend Charlotte, who I had met before, but never really had had a chance to get to know her better before these past few weeks. Carlos was with us as usual too, there weren't many places I went without him these days. 

"So how are you handling these two?" Charlotte asked as we were sitting on the couch while the two guys were playing their games or something.

"Barely" I laughed and the girl next to me grinned. "No but for real there isn't much for me to do, they treat me like a little sister most of the time and they also know that if I lose my temper it won't be too pretty, so that motivates them to behave"

"Yeah, I've heard a lot of nice things about you and the work you've been doing" she gave me a friendly smile. I still didn't know her that well and the conversations usually stayed at this level but it was okay with me. I mean she was kind to me, which was more than enough and I appreciated that.

I just smiled to the girl thinking back the six months I had already been doing this. "I can't believe it's been already half a year" I thought out loud. "Feels like yesterday when I first got here"

"Yeah, I can imagine that" she agreed. "They say that time flies when you're having fun right?"

"I don't argue with that" I smiled. "So you have any plans for the break?" I asked changing the subject.

"We're going to Greece actually" she told me. "I'm pretty excited about that" she smiled and I could tell she couldn't wait to get to spend some more time with her boyfriend.

"That sound pretty nice, I gotta admit" I smirked and we began to talk little more about their vacation as well as mine. It was around eight when we left back to Maranello with Carlos. I was little tired, but the mood was more waiting than anything. I think Carlos was heading back to Spain for his break as well.