32. the one with the heartwarming surprise

The beginning of the week had been busy. We had filmed more content than ever and also done some sponsor stuff to fill our already busy schedules. I wasn't complaining to be honest because I had been able to work the whole week with Carlos and Charles for the most of the time. I think I was becoming more and more a babysitter for the two.

I was happy because past few race weeks and weeks between them I hadn't been seeing either of the drivers that much, especially Carlos so it was nice finally spent some time together. I was also hoping to see the rest of the grid today as we had finally reached Thursday, the so called media day of the week. We had already done track walk today but I hadn't met anyone which was really rare as usually the track was filled with people.

It was going to be a great weekend and I was super excited to be here in my first even Silverstone Grand Prix, I mean the place was such a legendary track with great history and all. So I was very much looking forward to it.

Friday morning, I woke up early to get to the track and try to find away to use my camera even somewhat properly with my broken arm. I was halfway done with the whole process and coming back from summer break the hand would be as good as new, at least I hoped so. All I needed now was to get through these couple weekends before I could relax.

I walked down the paddock with my camera hanging around my neck. It was still early but the sun had already come up, so I decided to try and take some pictures while it was still silent and calm and headed to the pitlane. The biggest issue turned out to be the zooming. I was able to take a photo moving my hand little up still able to stabilize the camera but it hurt like hell trying to zoom. I did it anyways. It got a bit easier to do as I got more numb for the pain. I had had to take one painkiller already before rest of the team had fully gotten here but I would be able to nurse my arm the first thing on Monday.

"Hey Sof, can I talk you for a sec" Carlos shouted me from the door of our hospitality and I nodded walking to him.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"So, I know that it is not your birthday just yet, but we put together a little surprise for you" he told me and looked little nervous.

I stopped on my track. "You really didn't need to get anything or do anything for me" I said looking at the man in front of me.

"Of course we did" he stated like it was obvious. "So come on, we don't have all day" he said gesturing me to follow him as we made our way down to the pitlane and towards the garage. I could see Charles talking to someone but before we got there he ran to us.

"Did you tell her already?" he asked hyped.

"Not yet, I want it to be a surprise" Carlos told his teammate.

"Good thinking." he agreed. "Hey Sof, happy early birthday, I hope this makes you happy" he said hugging me from the side.

"Okay, I'm gonna cover your eyes now" Carlos said planting his hand over my eyes while his other hand lead me on my back.

"Surprise" I could hear Charles shouting and the arm in front of my eyes dropped and my family came to my sight. They were all wearing the VIP passes that granted them access to the paddock and they were guests for Ferrari for the weekend.

I launched towards them and jumped on my brothers arms and he caught me spinning me around once before placing me on the ground as I stepped towards my parents closing them in a group hug. I let go off them and turned to look at the two smiling Ferrari drivers. With couple quick steps I pulled them into a tight hug.

"Thank you so much" I whispered them and could feel a tears behind my eyes. This time they were happy tears.

"Oh my god, we made her cry" Charles stated looking at me. Carlos wiped away the tears from my cheeks and gave me a warm smile.