50. the one where he tells everyone that he never left

I couldn't believe my eyes and for a second I forgot all about our own performance as I listened to the commentator talking. The shivers flew all over my body "He left Redbull, he went to Renault, he's gone to McLaren. He is gonna get the victory now. It's McLaren and Ricciardo to win the Italian Gran Prix" The voice yelled on the screen. He really had done it. I felt a little tingle in my heart when I watched Lando cross the line second and following him Valtteri who had made his way from the bottom to the top.

There was a disappointed faces on the garage, not because we had done poorly, just because our greatest rival had taken a one-two in our home race. It really did the trick. We had finished in fourth and sixth which would have been great in any other weekend but today not enough. I left the garage to take some pics of the odd day. Max and Lewis had scared us once more somehow managing to crash so their cars had ended up in a pile and after that it had been one hell of Ricciardo show.

Around the pitlane the mood was kind of weird. I think everyone was happy for Daniel winning after his couple harder years after leaving RedBull but of course everyone would've wanted to see their two cars up on the podium. There had been couple of these kinds of podiums this season and it did always bring a little more life to the paddock. Everyone loved to see different names on the podium wrecking the Mercedes-Red bull supremacy.

Passing the McLaren garage, I couldn't help but smile. I could see people crying from happiness and there were smiles all over. I congratulated the team members that happened to past me or I bumped into smiling to them. They had been waiting this for a while now.

Getting closer to the drivers, I picked up my camera preparing to get a couple shots of the red wearing drivers. It took a while because I think everyone had taken their time to tap Danny on the shoulder telling him congrats, but finally I could spot both of our drivers walking out towards their trainers getting a water bottle and changing couple of words. So while waiting I turned my gaze back to the interviews going on watching as Daniel walked to David. The winner seemed a bit speechless and so happy. He really had deserved this. I think everyone could agree on that.

I was too busy watching Daniel and hadn't noticed the other McLaren driver who had walked out to the pitlane before getting to the podium and once I turned my attention back to our drivers my eyes locked with his. I could see him trying to figure out where to run or what to do, but a small smile appeared on my face and I took a deep breath walking towards the lost guy.

"Hey, congrats" I said little awkward looking down to my feet.

"Yeah thanks, I-" he was cut short by Carlos who grabbed him into a hug.

"Nice job mate" he said smiling to his friend and I took a couple steps back picking up my camera. After that I decided to leave the two friends chatting. Lando gave me a apologetic look and I flashed a quick smile before walking away getting back to our garage where everyone was still busy working as usual. It was once again the time to pack up for rest of the us while the people in garage would be working their ass off going through the data from the race.

I watched the screen as shoeys were given with a big smile on my face. I loved to see Daniel up there to be honest. The food in front of me was almost cold already as I focused more to the happenings on the TV. We had been showed the radio of Daniel after he had won and it was making me emotional more than it should've but that how I was with sports and well everything else too, I felt it big time.

Later walking down the paddock, I was feeling quite sad. I was heading to Russia now and after that it was it. I spotted Daniel in front of the McLaren and hospitality and I changed my direction so I could give him a big ass hug. Jumping on his back scaring the shit out of him with some weird looks from the people around us I made myself known to the latest race winner.

"Hey Mr. Winner, big fan of your work" I said happily getting off his back so he could turn to see who I was.

Daniel let out a laugh. "Thanks kiddo, feels good to beat your ass" he greeted me back making me roll his eyes.

"Oh I see how this goes" I grinned. "No but seriously, happy to see you up there" I said in more serious matter. I had followed him in his early days and always found him inspiring on and off track, so yes I was a Daniel Ricciardo fan for sure.

"Thanks, it feels good to be able to perform in that level and know that we are able to do something like that" he nodded.

"Yeah, I really gotta run so I don't miss the flight but I'll see you one more time I hope" I smiled sadly realizing that there was going to be so many goodbyes to say and that was something I sucked at.

"Oh right" Daniel seemed to realize too that after all I was only passing through the whole F1 world. I gave him a hug before exiting the track with a sigh.  

 I know its a short as hell but I needed to give Danny Ric some more screen time and I think we can all agree that the weekend in Monza was one of the best this year :) so just take this as a DR3 appreciation chapter