30. the one with the quadrant

It was Saturday morning and I was sitting on the back seat of Lando's car while he drove with Max in the front with him. I yawned. I hadn't really gotten a good night sleep last night but I tried to sip my Red Bull down fast enough to it to hit before we would get there.

I had heard that we would meet up with the rest of their team called quadrant, which I recall was basically a group of people doing Youtube videos and stuff like together while having the time of their life. It had been ages since the last time I had gone even close to a kart track and I was feeling a bit nervous and somewhat grateful that my arm was making it impossible for me to drive.

Soon enough we got to the ring and jumped out of the car and the guys were greeted with hugs and handshakes while I stood behind them smiling as my shy-self tried to make an entrance like it used to. I was outsider for sure but what did you expect when you left to do something with a group of people you had never met before.

"Who do we have here?" I could hear one of the guys asking with a curious look and a smile.

"This is Sofia" Lando said pulling me under his arm. He looked happy and relaxed which wasn't too rare but it was different from his race weekend relaxed self and I could see that now.

"Hey" I smiled and gave a little wave to everyone. I was feeling surprisingly shy and I didn't know where it came all the sudden but I couldn't help it.

"I'm Niran" the guy who had spoken earlier stepped up and introduced himself. I smiled at him still being trapped with Lando's arm hanging over my shoulders but I didn't complain. I could be little more brave with him here. "And this is Steve, Ria and Aarav" he introduced rest of the people standing with us who each said hellos and stuff to me.

"It's great to meet you" I told them smiling not really knowing what else to say.

"Shall we?" Lando broke the silence and we made our way to the track. The rest of the guys went to gear up as I stayed on the side.

"So I'm guessing you're not taking part of that either?" the only other girl in the place approached me.

"Ria right?" I asked first and she nodded smiling. "And nope not really can with this" I told her waving my casted arm in the air.

"Oh right" she smiled back at me. "So how long you two have known each other?" she asked nodding towards Lando.

"Not that long, I mean I only started working in F1 this year and I think it was only in April when I really talked to him for the first time" I told the girl trying to remember all the details.

"Oh so you work with him?" she asked seeming genuinely curious.

"Not exaclty" I let out a laugh. "I'm an inter for Ferrari" I explained to her.

"Okay, that sounds pretty cool"

"It really is a dream come true" I smiled to her.

"I see you met my new favourite F1-worker" Max skipped to us.

"I see you already won his heart over" Ria looked at me laughing.

"I don't think he'll admit it if you ask him but I think so" I smirked.

"She's right" Max nodded making all of us laugh but it ended pretty quickly as I saw a familiar face walking towards us.

"Please god no" I mumbled receiving couple weird looks before they turned to look the direction I was looking.

"Funny seeing you here" A sassy voice talked to us.

"Hello May" I said smiling. Not genuinely. I can tell you that.