48. the one with the last supper

Sof?" confused and now little worried looking Carlos said opening the door. "What's wrong?" he said letting me in before closing the door after me. I didn't say anything just wrapped my arms around him while a single tear ran down my face. A little surprised Carlos slowly put his arms around me holding me tight still clueless what was going on. "Are you okay?" he asked again.

"I'm sorry I missed your birthday" I whispered. I didn't know where that came from but everything I had been feeling bad about lately was coming up fast. The whole elevator scene had triggered something in me. 

"Hey it's okay" the guy said and let me walk into the room where I sat down in the end of the bed. 

"But I bought you a present and everything and we were supposed to sing to you" I told the guy about our little plan that we had put together with Charles and Lando one night some time ago. It might have seemed like I had lost my mind but the guy in front of me looked and listened to me going on and on about missing his birthday very patiently. 

"Sof, what's going on really?" 

"You were right" I said looking up to the guy and then proceeded to tell the whole story of what had happened between me and Lando. 

"I told you not to get hurt again" he said to me but he didn't sound angry or disappointed, he sounded more sad for me than anything else.

"I know, I'm sorry"

"Don't apologize muppet" he said softly. "Do you want to tell me what you got me for my birthday?" he asked letting finally go of me now looking at my puffed eyes. I know that I had talked Pierre lately more then anyone, but the man in front of me was still the one I trusted the most and probably was going to miss the most but I needed to cry that some other time. He was the best thing that had happened to me after taking the internship and moving to new place, he was pretty much the reason I had been able to enjoy my job and get comfortable with everything so quickly even I didn't think even he was comfortable with all the new stuff. And right now I looked at him in disbelieve, he really was good person.

"Yeah I do" I let out a small chaotic half crying laugh and there was a small smile on Carlos' lips. 

.

Waking up the next morning realizing it was race morning and I was supposed to get to the same track where one Lando Norris was walking around scared me more than living. I didn't want to see him but the only thing I wanted was to see him. You can see why I was little anxious.

I had been talking with Carlos way too long and really hoped I hadn't ruined his race day with my drama, but knowing him there was no way he would've let me go before knowing I was okay. I had ended up giving him my present what had been a one of the pictures I had taken of him. I had got it framed and with that I had bought him a ticket to Finland so he could come see me anytime of his choice if he wanted to. 

I picked up my camera leaving the room as ready for the day as I could be. I just needed to stay in the garage and spend time around the people I loved. No big deal.

The atmosphere around the circuit was crazy, the amount of orange I was seeing was absolutely nuts. I couldn't even imagine how Max was feeling seeing all this. I peeped myself through the gates making my way through the paddock looking down on my phone when I came to contact with someone and I didn't know who I had hurt up there cause, when I looked up, I met little too familiar face.

"Hey" Lando said slowly.

"Hi"

"About yesterday" the guy started but I stopped him right away.

"Look, I really care about you and wanna stay in good terms with you, maybe become friends one day, but for now I don't want to talk about that and I really think it would be good for us just to take some distance" I told him with straight face, trying to keep my emotions from getting best of me and with that I walked away leaving Lando stare after me.