67. the one with Christmas dinner

It was two days till Christmas and my apartment looked like a tornado had gone straight through it. I was supposed to go get Lando from the airport today and then we were supposed to drive to my parents straight from there and I needed to get this shithole packed before any of that, so I could inform the movers that everything was ready to be sent to Italy.

For the past week I had ran around like crazy trying to do the last Christmas shopping, booking the hotels for my relatives that were coming and tried to spend some time with my family and friends in the side. It felt like I was working once again. I didn't complain though. I had had time to have some fun too in the middle of everything and some less fun too informing everyone that I would be moving to Italy.

Somehow, I managed to get everything done in time before I needed to head to the airport which was more than an hour away. For the first time in forever we would be having a white Christmas and I was excited that Lando would see it. I knew he hated cold but snow in this time of year was magical. I was dying to visit Lapland, but I knew that I wouldn't have time for that this year, so it needed to wait, but I was happy that we had snow in the south parts this year too.

Driving to the airport did feel like an eternity, but finally I was parked and waiting for the man himself to appear. His flight should've been here be now and it was just a matter of time before he would show up and he did. I walked towards the guy and pulled him into a hug.

"Hey, how was your flight?"

"It was okay, but god it's freaking cold here" The guy was basically shaking from the cold, which made me laugh.

"Come on, let's get you into the car"

.

"I'm scared" Lando whispered to me as we made our way to my parent's house. We had stayed the last couple of days in our cottage like the last time, but it was now the Christmas eve and we needed to come out from our hole to the little party on out house.

"Don't be, it's like Carlos but just duplicated" I assured the guy, keeping in my laugh before walking into the house smelling like Christmas. My dad's side of the family had come to Finland for Christmas like they had used to, except last year when the whole corona situation had been a lot more serious and harder, and they weren't allowed to do that. But now I walked into a room filled with conversations and people. We had visited my family and told them the news of our dating when we first came to town but there was now, both of my grandparents as well as my parent's siblings and their kids, my cousins, some of them Spanish and rest Finnish. It was always fun to put them in the same room as some of them didn't really speak English, so the communicating was always quite fun to watch.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of" he let out and I smirked.

"Ready?"

"I guess" he nodded but looked a bit terrified. I knew Lando wasn't the one for the big crowds even though he made it seem like it, but I knew that he just loved to be alone or with a group of his closest friends, so I was really appreciating him coming here with me.

"Mom, we're here" I made my way to my mum who had his hands full. "Merry Christmas" I told her giving him a hug.

"You too darling" she smiled to me and gave a hug to Lando as well.

"Is grandpa here?" I asked scanning the room. I knew he was sick, but he still tried to take part in everything he could. He was for sure one of the closest relatives to me and my mum's dad, so also my uncle's father. Those two had always been my biggest supporters and it was hard to think that they would be probably to first two to leave us.

"Yeah, he's over there by the three" my mum nodded and I took Lando's hand pulling him with me.

"There is someone I need you to meet" I grinned making my way through the curious eyes on Lando. I was going to say hi to everyone but first I needed to see grandpa.