25. the one with the make up and three seasons of DTS

It was almost 2am when I finally opened the door to my apartment in Maranello. I wasn't feeling too tired to my surprise and decided to unpack and take a shower before trying to get some sleep. I had a day off tomorrow so I wasn't too stressed about not getting a great night of sleep. I regretted my actions immediately as I woke up on the morning my phone ringing next to me and I picked it up without looking the caller ID.

"Sofia" I said probably sounding like I had just rose from the dead.

"Hey, did I call you on bad time?" I heard Lando saying from the other end of the line.

"Nope not at all, it's just.." I stopped and checked the clock on my screen. "5.30 in the morning in Italy" I whined being a little shocked myself.

"Oh shit, I totally forgot you already flew out!" he hissed on the phone. "Did I woke you up?" he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you think?"

"Yeah, just tried my luck" he sighed. "I guess I'll call you later" he then said.

"No no, just give me a sec" I told him getting off the bed and making my way to my kitchen. I put him on a speaker and dropped the phone on the counter.

"You sure?" He asked carefully.

"Yeah, I'm up now anyways" I said still fighting to keep my eyes open.

"So uhm I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am, I was such a jerk to you" I could hear Lando saying and I stopped what I was doing to listen to him. He sounded sad and heartbroken. I stayed quiet not really knowing what to say.

"I got your message" he then said. "I don't really know what to say, I'm just so sorry and it broke me to hear what I had done to you" he sighed and you could hear the pain in his voice. "I don't deserve you, you should be with someone like Carlos who does anything for you, the way he stood up for you that night made me realize that he really cares about you more than he wants to admit" I could tell it was hard for Lando to say those things. "I really am sorry"

"Lando I uhm" I struggled. "He's my best friend and I care about him too but not like that" I was not really sure how to answer all that. "And I forgive you but I'm gonna need some time and I think we should start over" I told him.

"I would like that, and you can have all the time you need." he said quietly on the phone. "I'm Lando" he then said with more power on his voice and a small smile formed on my lips.

"Lando" I began.

"I know, I know you need time but I just thought I would start just to trying to become your friend again" he told me.

"Fine. I'm Sofia" I got onboard on his sweet try to make things better between us.

"Nice to meet you Sofia" I could hear the smile on his voice. I couldn't help but laugh to the phone.

"So Lando, what do you do?" I asked him joking and jumped back to my bed.

"Stream and sometimes drive fast in circles"

"Oh I see" I laughed to the phone. "Where you at right now?" I asked him wondering when he was going to go back to UK.

"In my hotel room, just came back from breakfast" he told me.

"Still in Baku I assume?" I confirmed.

"Yeah, we aren't leaving until tonight" he explained. "Kinda sucks tho, everyone else has already left and I would love to just get home" he sighed to the phone.

"Yeah I get that" I agreed with the guy.

"I guess, we're just gonna do some sightseeing and eat a lot"