3

Mark still sat next to him the next day and the next day after that. It was a complete cycle of silence everyday.

Donghyuck heard the last bell of the day ring and he felt his whole body relax with relief before it tensed up again.

He heard the chair next to him move and then feet walking away. He sighed and brought his head out his arms.

He slowly removed his jacket and straightedge his right arm. There was a massive black and blue bruise on the inside of his elbow. Every bend of it hurt like hell.

He gasped when he twisted it slightly and hissed in pain as he tried to stretch his arm again.

"Hey stop that!" A voice rang through the room and the next thing he knew his arm was out of his hand and in the hands of someone else.

Donghyuck looked up and wasn't surprised to see Mark staring down at his arm in concern.

"Get off me," Donghyuck went to yank his arm away but Mark kept it in place, scanning the bruised area.

"What happened?" Mark furrowed his brows with a small pout, running his fingers over the tender spot.

"None of your fucking business," Donghyuck ripped his arm away, swallowing down a gasp with the pain that shot through it.

"You're gonna hurt yourself," Mark lectured to him.

"You seriously don't know how to butt out, do you?" Donghyuck snarled at him before shoving his shoulder hard. "Huh? Why the fuck can't you take a hint? I don't want your concern and I certainly didn't fucking ask for it. Keep your preppy ass self away from me. Not everyone has the same lovely life experience that you get alright? Keep your superior life away from me. I am this close to killing you."

Mark just raised both of his brows with his tounge pressed into his cheek, "You done?"

Donghyuck threw his backpack over his shoulder, much to the protest of his elbow and stormed towards the door.

However, Mark got to it faster. He slipped infront of it and closed it before Donghyuck could leave.

"There's a rumor going around that I've killed a man," Donghyuck locked his jaw. "Do you really want to test me?"

"You didn't," Mark shrugged his shoulders before running a hand through his hair. "I know you didn't."

"You don't know shit," Donghyuck balled his hands into tight fists. "You don't know me."

"No. Not really," Mark agreed before continuing. "But I do know somethings. Your name is Lee Donghyuck. You are a year younger than me. You slack off in class and don't have any friends. You get about 4 detentions a week. You get sent out of class at least once a month. You don't talk to others and when you do you're snapping at them."

"Really?" Donghyuck narrowed his eyes with a not so amused look. "That's all you got?"

"So far," Mark shrugged again. "How bout this? Either you tell me about that bruise or you come home with me for dinner tonight."

It wasn't a question.

But Donghyuck wasn't one for ultimatums.

"Fuck off," Donghyuck rolled his eyes before kicking one of Marks shins.

Mark closed his eyes in pain but didn't move from his spot infront of the door.

"You can hit me all you want," Mark smiled at him. "But I'm not moving until you decide on one."

Donghyuck never wanted to beat the shit out of someone more.

Donghyuck has no idea how he ended up here.