21

Donghyuck doesn't remember falling asleep.

He woke up to warm arms wrapped around his waist and a chest pressed to his back.

"Oh love," A soft voice whispered before he felt a kiss being placed on his forehead.

Donghyuck scrunched his nose before opening his eyes.

Taeyong was looking down at him with shiny eyes and a hand running through Donghyucks hair.

Donghyuck furrowed his brows before realizing Mark was fast asleep behind him.

"Hi," Donghyuck said while blinking up at him.

Taeyongs chin wobbled but a giggle covered it.

"Hi sweetheart," Taeyong said before cradling Donghyuck's cheek in his palm and kissing his forehead again. "Dinner is done but I want to talk to you for a minute."

Donghyuck swallowed the tension in his throat before nodding.

"Markie," Taeyong leaned over and slightly shook Mark's shoulder.

"Whaaat?" Mark groaned sleepily before burying his face in Donghyuck's shoulder.

"Dinner is done, baby," Taeyong smiled at the action. "I need to talk to Donghyuck for a minute."

"No," Mark whispered as he laid his forehead on the back of Donghyuck's neck.

"Markie... I know you missed him but I need to-" Taeyong stared again gently.

"No," Mark stared at Taeyong with a sleepy glare. "I'm not leaving him."

"Mark-"

"Mark, it's ok," Donghyuck said laying his hand over Mark's. "I'll be down soon."

Mark leaned over him to peer down into his caramel eyes.

Donghyuck stared up at him before squeezing his hand. "I promise."

"Ok," Mark whispered as he ducked down to press a gentle kiss to his cheek.

Donghyuck's cheeks felt inflammed and were probably as red as he imagines they are.

You are a mystery, Mark Lee.

Mark slowly got out of the bed before walking out and closing the door.

Donghyuck sat up, although a bit more slowly due to his injuries to face Taeyong.

"I'm sorry for everything that-" Donghyuck stared but was cut off by arms around his neck.

"You- you're awake," Taeyong whispered.

Taeyong's eyes were filling with tears but he wasn't going to let them go.

Donghyuck shouldn't have to see him crying when he was the one in pain.

"I'm sorry," Donghyuck said as he slowly hugged Taeyong back. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"Don't ever be sorry about this," Taeyong said as he pulled back and cupped Donghyuck's cheeks in his hand.

He let his fingers lightly run over one of the bruises on his cheek.

"My friend he's a doctor," Taeyong said carefully before sitting on the edge of the bed. "His name is Kun. He checked you out when you got here. He only examined what he could see over your clothes."

"Mark said that," Donghyuck nodded, keeping his gaze on his blanket covered lap.

"Is there any other pain your feeling?" Taeyong tried to peer into his eyes. "Under your clothes? Or are you still feeling cold due to the hypothermia?"