28

Donghyuck felt his heart beat violently in his chest as he touched the doorknob.

He twisted it slowly before entering the house and closing the door behind him.

Cigarette smoke and beer filled his nostrils instantly.

He felt like puking right there.

Donghyuck's heart stopped when he heard his mother's laugh as she came around the kitchen to see who came in the house.

"I was beginning to think you died in a ditch somewhere," She took a puff of her cigarette before putting it out on the wall.

"Are you gonna apologize?" She snapped at him. "Huh?"

Before he could respond, she smacked him across the face.

"I'm not here to apologize," Donghyuck titled his chin up. "I'm here to say I'm leaving."

His mother cackled so loudly that it felt like his eardrums were pierced. "Is that so?"

Donghyuck didn't say anything but he stared her in the eyes.

"Y'know..." Her the side of her lip quirked up as she latched onto his wrist. "It's not just your dad in the living room. You're uncle stopped by too."

Donghyuck's eyes widened as he shook his head back and forth.

"No, let go," Donghyuck whispered as he tried to pull away from her.

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get out of her grip.

"Hunny, I got a present for you," She laughed as she dragged him to the living room and pushed him to the floor.

Donghyuck never wanted to die more than right now with his father's angry eyes on him along with his uncle's perverted one.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jaemin flinched as he heard a scream come from inside the house.

Donghyuck...

There were more screams and he could here muffled bangs and thumps.

Do something.

Jaemin went back and forth with himself as Donghyuck's words about staying outside echoed in his brain.

This is your fault.

Flashback

"This is my fault," Jaemin's lowered lip wobbled as he was bowing down on the floor in front of Taeyong. "I didn't mean for him to get hurt! I'm sorry, Mr.Lee."

"It's not his fault," Jeno pouted as he went over and tried to peel Jaemin off the ground but the younger boy wouldn't budge. "It's mine."

"No it's not," Jaemin sat up quickly to defend. "It's my fault."

"It's mine," Jeno stubbornly glared back.

"No it's not," Jaemin's voice cracked a little. "It's...It's-"

Jaemin's voice was watery and his eyes were starting to gloss over.

"Nana?" Jeno's eyebrows came together in worry.

Jaemin didn't respond as he looked at the floor.

"Jeno," Taeyong said gently. "Could you give us a second?"

"Huh? I'm not leaving him," Jeno stood up quickly to stand in front of his friend. "It's really not his fault."