4

"Would you quit dragging me everywhere?" Donghyuck scowled as they finally made it up the stairs. He pulled his hand out of Marks and rubbed the inside of his elbow through his jacket.

"Oh I'm sorry," Mark came forwards to try and touch his arm but Donghyuck held it to his chest. "I forgot you hurt it."

"Whatever," Donghyuck sighed through his nose. "Where is your lame ass room?"

Mark smiled before walking down the hallway and opening a white door.

Donghyuck stepped inside the room and was surprised by what he saw.

It was more of an average room.

It had baby blue walls with white accents and only one window.

The bed that was tucked in the corner had a blue plaid comforter on it. His nightstand had a small lamp and a picture frame on it.

There was a desk in the other corner of the room with a notebook on it. Pens and pencils scattered all over it.

Then there was a TV across from his bed. The TV stand had a Nintendo switch on it while the shelves had a bunch of movies.

Other than that. It was a bit plainer than Donghyuck was expecting.

"Like it?" Mark asked as he sat down on his bed.

"Mm," Donghyuck shrugged while looking at his feet. "Needs a few posters."

"We got a little while before dinner," Mark said as he bounced a little on his bed. "Do you wanna do some homework?"

"No, you loser," Donghyuck said as he plopped down on the floor in front of the TV stand.

Donghyuck brushed his hands over the first shelf and found nothing but movies. He looked down at the second shelf and finally found some of the games Mark had.

"Mario Karts always a classic," Mark said as he stood up to go and sit at his desk. "You can play whatever you want. I only have a little homework to finish."

Donghyuck felt the urge to decline and to just sit there on the floor in silence or maybe to just leave in general.

But the next thing he knew his fingers were reaching for the small red case that said 'Mario Kart.'

Then his lips whispered out, "Ok."

It had only been 20 minutes when Mark finished his homework.

He turned to announce that he was done but froze when he saw Donghyuck sitting on his floor with both the controllers in his hands.

Mark saw a small divot between his brows as he stared at the screen. His tongue was poking out of his mouth in concentration. He looked down to see his thumbs moving the joysticks all over the place and mashing buttons.

Mark let a small laugh take over his body before he heard the small sound of the race ending.

Donghyuck was in last.

Mark heard a little sigh leave the boy's lips and he could swear he saw a little pout on the boy's face.

"Need some help there," Mark asked him and the younger flinched a little but lowered his head to look at the controllers in his hands.

"No," Donghyuck shook his head. "This game is just stupid."

"Aww c'mon," Mark grinned before taking one of the controllers out of Donghyuck's grip. "It's not stupid."

"Yes, it is," Donghyuck said a little more aggressive than it was meant to sound. "None of the buttons work properly."

"Ok. That's one idea," Mark raised a brow and chuckled. "Or is it that you've never played Mario Kart before?"

Donghyuck didn't answer. He kept his eyes on the controller, letting his thumbs glide gently over the buttons.

"C'mon, I'll teach you," Mark said before lightly bumping his shoulder into Donghyuck's.

"I don't need your help," Donghyuck pursed his lips. "I was playing perfectly fine."

"You came in last," Mark raised both his brows with a knowing look.

"Fine," Donghyuck gave in. "Only some pointers. I'll defend kick your ass."

"Eh, I don't know," Mark ran his tongue over his lips. "I'm pretty good at this game."

"YOU CHEATER!"

"I DIDN'T CHEAT!"

"YES YOU DID!"

"HOW COULD I HAVE CHEATED WHEN YOU TAUGHT ME HOW TO PLAY?"

"I DON'T KNOW BUT I'M SURE YOU DID!"

"Would you shut up?" A voice in the doorway interrupted their screaming match.

Donghyuck looked at the door and there stood a tall brunette man. His arms were crossed as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Johnny Hyung!" Mark shouted with a smile.

"Hey kiddo," Johnny smiled back at him before looking at Donghyuck. "You must be Donghyuck."

Donghyuck was surprised he already knew his name.

"Mark's told me a lot about you," Johnny let out a loud laugh and winked. "It's finally nice to meet you."

Donghyuck felt like no words could escape from his throat so he just nodded.

"Anyway, Taeyong wanted me to tell you that dinner is done," Johnny said as he clapped his hands together and exited the room.

"You ready-" Mark was cut off as he stood up.

"What the hell did you tell him about me?" Donghyuck glared up at him from his seat on the floor.

"He's exaggerating," Mark waved it off. "I only told him a gist of who you were."

Donghyuck rolled Mark's words around in his head before speaking, "Did you tell them I don't do well in school?"

Mark hesitated but slightly nodded. "Kinda, I mean I don't know how you do in school since you don't participate."

"Did you tell them I get at least 4 detentions a week?" Donghyuck raised his jaw as if he wanted to challenge Mark.

"Yeah," Mark nodded again before letting out a sigh. "I told them you can be a little hostile at times too and that you don't really engage with others."

"So you told them all of that...and they still let me into your house?" Donghyuck furrowed his brows and tilted his head, confusion settling on his facial features.

"They don't care," Mark said with a shrug. "My family isn't judgemental and they don't care what background you come from. If you're my friend then you're my friend. That's all there is to it."

Donghyuck didn't say anything and the next thing he saw was Mark's hand in his face. "C'mon let's go eat."

Donghyuck looked at the hand before slapping it out of his face and standing up.

"First of all, we aren't friends," Donghyuck shoved his hands in his pockets. "Second of all, there is still a lot you don't know about me that would definitely get me kicked out of this house."

"Doubt it," Mark's answer was immediate. A smile lit up his face as he stared at Donghyuck with bright eyes. 

Donghyuck felt something in his chest flip and he felt an unfamiliar sick feeling rush through him. 

"C'mon let's go eat," Mark clapped his hand on the back of his shoulder before walking out the door.

Donghyuck stood in place for a few seconds, his head turned to the tv to see their finished game screen before shaking his head and walking out the door as well.