46

(A/N: Hi Everybody! I'm sorry this was a bit late. I've been quite busy lately. It's actually my birthday today! It felt like a perfect day to post a chapter. Once again, thank you all for your support!)

Donghyuck woke up in a bed that wasn't his and sheets that didn't smell like Mark's.

"Are you sure?" He heard a muffled voice from outside the door. "Do you want to sleep in my-"

A pause.

"Are you sure he would be comfortable with that?" The voice became a little softer. "He wasn't looking too good earlier...yeah I know...good because they was uncalled for...okay...okay...yeah I'll see you soon..."

Donghyuck gripped the comforter tightly in his hands when he heard light footsteps coming towards the door.

There was a light knock on the door before it was pushed open lightly.

"Oh! You're awake," Renjun walked in with a small plate in his hands and a cup of water. "I brought this for you."

He quickly moved to put the items down on the bedside table.

Donghyuck could see a sandwich on the plate with potato chips next to it.

"I figured you might be hungry, your stomachs been growling for the past hour," Renjun gave him a small smile before sitting on the edge of the bed.

Donghyuck looked down at his lap and interlocked his fingers.

"I didn't mean to throw up on your shoes," Donghyuck mumbled.

He didn't like holding back.

He didn't like being nervous.

Shy.

Scared.

"It's okay," Renjun let out a small laugh. "How are you feeling though?"

"I don't feel sick anymore," Donghyuck admitted.

He might vomit again if he thinks about what happened earlier.

"No, I meant...you know Mark didn't have a right to say that to you," Renjun tried to peer down to catch Donghyuck's eyes but the other was great at avoiding them.

Renjun furrowed his brows together.

"You do know that right?" Renjun tried to reach out to hold Donghyuck's hand but he flinched away.

"Mark has a right to say whatever he wants to," Donghyuck finally met Renjun's gaze.

"No he doesn't," Renjun raised an unimpressed brow. "He was an asshole to you and took what happened to Jeno out on you. It wasn't your fault that Jeno got hurt."

"No," Donghyuck shook his head. "Jeno told me to let him play. I saw it. I didn't say anything. I forced Mark to sit by while Jeno played-"

"Mark has his own free will," Renjun rolled his eyes. "He trusts you and your judgment. If he didn't then he would have gone down there despite what you said. That's on him. Jeno got hurt because he's a dumbass."

"I don't think so," Donghyuck whispered into the air.

"You don't have to," Renjun said back.

Renjun sighed a little before standing up and walking towards the other side of the bed and sitting down with his back against the headboard.

Donghyuck didn't turn around and kept his back facing Renjun as they fell into silence.

"Im sure you've already heard about Mark and his story and how you are his choice," Renjun started as he stared up at the ceiling. "Everyone in our group has. Hell, we've seen it."