9

Lee Donghyuck, what the fuck was that?

Donghyuck felt a sharp pain in his head at the fact he just fucking hugged Mark out of nowhere.

Thank you? Really?

He doesn't know why he did it or why he even said that.

He was warm.

Donghyuck raised his free hand to smack himself in the forehead.

No.

Absolutely fucking not.

Donghyuck got to his house as slowly pushed open the door of the dirty white fence.

He gathered all of his strength as he walked up the porch steps and gently pushing the front door open.

The door was old so no matter how lightly he pushed the creaking sound echoed all over the house.

"Where the fuck have you been?" His mother said from the kitchen entrance way.

She had a cigarette lit in her mouth and a heavy divot between her brows.

Donghyuck knew better then to tell her the truth.

It didn't matter what he told her. The result would be the same.

"Who fuckin' cares?" His father said from his seat in the living room.

Donghyuck watched as he crushed another beer can and threw it behind him, not caring where it landed.

There was at least a dozen lying around.

That was just in the living room.

"It does matter," His mother seethed before she dug her hand into his shoulder and pulled him to her. "Dont think I dont get those stupid calls form your teacher. Cut the fucking shit."

Donghyuck still didn't say a word even as her nails were practically piercing the skin of his shoulder through his shirt.

"I dont give a flying fuck about you," She glared into his eyes. "Dont get in me in trouble for your stupid shit. You fucking understand me?"

Donghyuck slightly nodded his head. His arm shaking a bit before he realized he still had Taeyong's container in his hands.

Unfortunately, his mother seemed to notice too.

"The hell is this?" She yanked it out of his hand.

She surveyed the bottom of the container before her lips curved in disgust.

She threw her arm back before throwing it as hard as she could across the room.

The container cracked in half and the contents spilled all over their kitchen floor.

Donghyuck stared at the container.

He could hear his heart beating in his ears.

He felt his hands shake as he just stared at the food that spilled on the floor.

It was nothing.

Nothing but Ten's slow dance moves.

Nothing but Jaemin's nail polish.

Nothing but Jeno's apology.

Nothing but Taeyong's sweet embrace.

Nothing but Mark's warmth.

Absolutely nothing.

Nothing but acceptance.

"No," Donghyuck's voice was a hushed whisper as he felt his chest begin to constrict.

"What did you just say to me?" His mother raised bother brows at him as she took a long drag of her cigarette.

Donghyuck balled his hands into fists and squeezed til his knuckles were white.

"Huh," His mother yelled before striking him across the face with her hand.

He swallowed and held his cheek with both hands. The stinging of his cheek was nothing comparison to the foreign stinging of his heart.

He couldn't take it.

Donghyuck quickly turned and ran up the stairs to his bedroom. 

"Where the fuck are you-" His mother tried yell after him before yelling for his father. "Thats it! Get the damn belt."

He collapsed on the floor of his bedroom as he reached up and locked the door.

He rested his back against the door before pulling his backpack towards his chest.

The sound of his dad snapping his belt caught his attention before he quickly began to look for his headphones in his bag.

He knew the consequences when he opened that door.

He knows he'll make it worse by locking himself away and ignoring them.

But he was always forced through the worse option anyway.

Another one wouldn't make a difference.

His hands brushed his headphones but as he took them out a piece of paper fell out along side them.

I meant what I said.

Call when you need to or even when you don't.

Me- xxx-xxx-xxxx
Taeyong- xxx-xxx-xxxx
Ten- xxx-xxx-xxxx
Johnny- xxx-xxx-xxxx
Yuta- xxx-xxx-xxxx
Jeno- xxx-xxx-xxxx
Jaemin- xxx-xxx-xxxx

"Unlock this fucking door," His father's enraged voice was behind him. His fist banging at the door with such a force it was making Donghyuck move in place.

Donghyuck ran his fingers over the paper a few times before letting his head lean back.

He did something he hasn't done in years.

He began to cry.