26

"Jaemin. Open the door," Donghyuck was out of breathe but kept knocking on the door.

"Go away!" Jaemin's voice was muffled on the other side of the door.

Donghyuck sighed as he knocked on the door again.

He had been full speed running after Jaemin for a whole thirty minutes to the other side of town to the boys apartment building.

They've been going back and forth with the same conversation for 10 minutes and his patience was beginning to wear thin.

"You leave me no choice," Donghyuck said but he didn't get a reply.

He shook his head before running his hand over the waistband of his jeans.

His fingers came into contact with exactly what he was looking for.

2 bobby pins.

Donghyuck didn't waste the chance before picking the lock and opening the door.

He heard a loud gasp as he shut the door and locked it behind him.

"Jaemin, I-" Donghyuck started but cut himself off once he saw the apartment.

The lights were off but there was a tiny sliver of light coming through the single window.

The entire room felt like a heater had never been apart of its system. The tempature was ice cold.

There was no televsion.

No carpet.

No lamps.

No coffee table.

No side table.

There was nothing but a torn apart couch in the middle with Jaemin sitting on the concrete floor infront of it.

The smaller boy cowering in fear with his knees tucked to his chest.

"You live here?" Donghyuck shot out.

Instant regret filling his veins because who the hell asks that when someone is having a breakdown.

"Why did you follow me?" Jaemin's small voice cracked as he stared at Donghyuck.

"I..." Donghyuck couldn't speak speak speak looked Jaemin in the eyes.

All he could see was pain.

Why did he follow Jaemin?

Maybe it was the face of pain he made when Jeno shoved him to the ground.

Maybe it was the way his cracked before he ran off.

Maybe it was the tears that were overflowing in his sweet brown eyes.

But why would that matter to Donghyuck?

He has never cared about another human being.

Why should he care about someone hurting someone else?

But then he remembers Jaemin giving him foundation.

He remembers Jaemin throwing his arms around him everytime they meet.

He remembers Jaemin worrying about the impression he made on the bad kid.

He remembers Jaemin's sweet smile before he told him that he was Mark's choice.

Why did he follow Jaemin?

"You....you're my friend," Donghyuck furrowed his brows but kept his chin up.

They stared at each other from across the room in silence.

Donghyuck took a step forward and clearly that was it for Jaemin.