43

Donghyuck fiddled with the hem of the jersey as he looked at himself in the mirror.

It was a bit big on him. The sleeves went to his elbows and the bottom ended at his lower thighs.

He jumped when there was a small knock on the door.

"Come in," Donghyuck called as he pulled on the sleeves a little more.

"Oh wow. I haven't seen that jersey in a while," Jaehyun's deep and calm voice said as he closed the door.

Donghyuck tensed and spun around before crossing his arms over his chest.

"What do you want?" Donghyuck raised his chin a little bit.

He was defensive. But can you blame him? The only connection to this man he has is the fact he hurt the people in this house.

"I came to apologize," Jaehyun's lip quirked up but he grimaced. Most likely still in pain from the face beating he got the other night.

"I don't want your apology," Donghyuck stood his ground.

"Look," Jaehyun took a step forward but raised his hands in surrender when he saw Donghyuck's jaw clench. "I don't know anything about you."

Jaehyun moved to sit on the edge of the bed.

"I wanted to apologize for what I said the other night. I'm sorry that I made you upset," Jaehyun clasped his hands together in his lap and lowered his head.

"One thing you should know about me is that I'm not fond of apologies," Donghyuck rubbed his fingers against his arm gently. "Giving them or receiving them. Mark is the first person I have apologized to since I was 8 years old."

He shook his head as he recalled the scene and the way Mark's lips stopped the sound.

"All I know about you is that you hurt him," Donghyuck snarled, protective and dangerous. "Mark may forgive you but I won't. He may accept your apology but I never will."

"I'm glad Mark has someone like you," Jaehyun gave him a soft smile. "I hope you stick around."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Donghyuck glared, his hands tightening against his arms.

"It means I want you to give hell to anybody who hurts him," Jaehyun raised a knowing brow. "It's clear on his face that he would for you. I just hope you realize how fragile Mark's heart is... I don't want you to make the same mistake I did."

Before Donghyuck could respond, the bedroom door opens and a shirtless Mark comes through while towel drying his hair.

"I finished my- Hey, what's going on?" Mark freezes in his spot when he sees Jaehyun and Donghyuck in the room.

"Nothing," Jaehyun smiles and claps him on the shoulder. "We were just having a little talk. I'll see you two later."

Mark's frown didn't dissappear even after the door shut.

"Hey," Mark came up to him and pressed a hand to his cheek. "He didn't scare you or anything right?"

"No," Donghyuck shook his head but Mark didn't let go of his face and continued to try and find something in his eyes.

"Hey," Donghyuck shoved him a little and pouted. "You're supposed to compliment my outfit."

Mark eyes widened before he broke out in a smile while glancing Donghyuck up and down.

"You look good," Mark tried to pull Donghyuck closer but he was quick to dip away from Mark's arm.

"Just good? I was hoping for cute at least," Donghyuck faked a huff as Mark squabbled to fix his words.