12

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I had a concussion then a best friend breakup and then food poisoning and now as we speak my mom is packing up her stuff so she might be leaving my dad and I'm terrified.

Donghyuck swallowed a lump in his throat as he slowly walked behind Taeyong into the kitchen.

"You want some tea?" Taeyong asked with his back turned towards Donghyuck as he searched for some tea packets.

"Am...am I in trouble?" Donghyuck whispered out into the air. He suddenly felt cold so a shiver ran through him.

He hated sounding so unsure.

But right now that's all he felt.

"No," Taeyong shook his head with a small laugh. "You're not in trouble. Just sit down at the table."

Besides their dining room, the kitchen had a smaller table with two chairs on either side. It was placed next to the small window and Donghyuck could see that small snowflakes were falling down.

Donghyuck took a seat and subconsciously shifted it more towards the wall before bringing his legs up and wrapping his arms around them to keep them against his chest.

"Here ya go," Taeyong said as he placed two mugs down on the table.

Donghyuck stared at the cup in front of him.

A small bit of steam coming out of steam was coming out of the orange mug.

"I don't know what you like but I assumed you like sweet things," Taeyong said as he wrapped his own hands around his red mug. "It's caramel."

Donghyuck nodded his head before reaching out for the mug. The sleeves of his hoodie falling over his hands.

"Why did you want to talk to me?" Donghyuck asked but kept his eyes on his tea.

"I want to know what happened today at school," Taeyong raised both his brows in an expectant way.

Almost like he's done this before.

"I don't-" Donghyuck shook his head with wide eyes.

"You fainted because you had low blood sugar," Taeyong explained before bringing the sugar bowl on the table close to him.

"I didn't eat breakfast this morning," Donghyuck said but kept a tight grip around his mug.

The images of his mother throwing Taeyong's container of food across the room making him feel sick all over again.

"I assumed that," Taeyong nodded his head before pouting. "Did you not eat my food last night? Was it bad?"

"No!" Donghyuck rushed to say. "It wasn't the food-"

"Then what happened?" Taeyong frowned before taking a sip of his tea.

"I..." Donghyuck tried to look away but Taeyong's worried eyes kept him in an instant state of guilt. "I dropped it...I slipped on my way into the house...and your container broke.."

"Ah," Taeyong said as he leaned back in his chair.

Silence fell upon thdm for a few seconds and Donghyuck could only hear his heartbeat in his ears.

"I'll pay you back," Donghyuck blurted out.

Donghyuck had no idea how but he would try and pay him back for the container.

He was fine with silence but this time he wanted anything but it.

"You don't need to do that," Taeyong sat up with a amused smile before taking another sip out of his tea. "Do you want to tell me about the bruise on your neck?"

Donghyuck kept silent for a moment before finally taking a sip from his tea.

The warmth on his taste buds were better than any expired beer he was forced to drink at his house.

"Y'know," Taeyong said with a playful smile as he held his own face in his hands. "If you don't tell me I can make Markie follow you all day at school."

Donghyuck made a face of disgust.

The last time that happened he ended up at this house.

Learning how to play a stupid video game.

Eating dinner with a bunch of weirdos.

And then going home with a key in his hand and Mark Lee's stupid smile on his mind.

He hadn't notice but his face had melted into a small smile.

Taeyong raised a brow at him with the same smile on his face.

Donghyuck quickly snapped out of it and shook his head. "He already does that."

"I know," Taeyong winked before standing up. "Actually about that container..."

Please don't ask for money.

I don't have it.

Donghyuck thought as he watched Taeyong put his mug in the sink.

"Instead of paying me back," Taeyong walked back over to him. "Why don't you stay over tonight and come with us tomorrow? We are having a little trip out."

"I-i couldn't-" Donghyuck quickly tried to come up with an excuse.

My parents could kill me.

"Pretty please," Taeyong jutted out his lower lip and widened his eyes slightly.

Donghyuck couldn't say no before he nodded his head slightly.

"Yay!" Taeyong cheered as he clapped his hands. "Do you need me to talk to your parents-"

"No," Donghyuck quickly shut him down. "I can tell them."

"Ok hun," Taeyong smiled again before lightly ruffling Donghyuck's hair.

Taeyong went to leave the kitchen but before he could hear called out again. "Hey Donghyuck?"

Donghyuck hummed and turned to look at him.

"I know you aren't ready to talk," Taeyong said with a soft look on his face. "And I am willing to wait for you to be ready."

Donghyuck felt his hands shake a little bit.

"Just make sure you don't make a habit out of lying," Taeyong gave a knowing look before finally walking out of the kitchen.

Donghyuck's hands shook more as he turned to his phone.

He quickly shut it off.

I already have.