45

"We'll wait for your parents before we proceed further," The doctor said before giving them a quick smile and closing the door.

"I can't believe you," Mark ran a heavy hand through his hair.

"Did you see my shot?" Jeno's voice was weak and low.

Probably from all the painful screams and gasps.

"Jeno, what the fuck were you thinking?" Mark snapped as he stood up from his seat to glare at his brother.

"I-" Jeno went to say.

"Clearly you weren't fucking thinking," Mark cut him off. "Do you realize how dangerous it is to play with a concussion? You could’ve had serious brain damage."

"But-"

"No fucking buts!" Mark yelled again. "That was the stupidest shit I have ever seen you do. It was unfair to every single one of our friends to have them sit and watch you play when you know fully well you could get hurt."

"Mark-"

"How do you think we felt after watching you collapse on the floor, huh?" Mark wasn't even thinking straight as he kept spewing out angry and accusing words. "You think-"

"MARK!" Jeno finally yelled back. "I didn't...I just..."

"Just what?" Mark's voice was still laced with anger.

"I just wanted you to see me play," Jeno mumbled as he kept his eyes on his lap. "You haven't been to one of my games and the first one you decided to come to...I wasn't supposed to play."

Jeno took a deep breath before looking up at his brother.

"I just wanted you to be proud of me," Jeno's eyes were shiny.

"Are you fucking kidding?" Mark raised a brow and clenched his jaw. "You risked getting a serious injury so I would be proud of you?! That is so stupid-"

"It's not stupid!" Jeno felt defensive as he sat up a little straighter.

"It is stupid! What you did was stupid, Jeno," Mark said as he hovered closer to his brother. "You didn't even tell any of us-"

"Stop treating me like a child, Mark!" Jeno felt himself getting angry. "I know what I did and I'm taking responsibility for it."

"No you're fucking not!" Mark said back. "I'll stop treating you like a child when you learn to grow the fuck up. You haven't even said sorry-"

"Maybe because I'm not sorry!" Jeno spat. "Sorry's don't fix everything, Mark."

"You are such a goddamn brat! You don't even fucking realize what you put us through-" Mark growled.

"Like you have room to talk!" Jeno barked back. "You're such a hypocrite!"

Mark was taken back.

"I'm sorry! Im sorry! I deeply apologize!" Jeno mocked obnoxiously. "Im so sorry!"

Jeno gripped the sheets below him in a tight fist.

"Did you see anything change? No. I'm still in a hospital bed with a broken arm and you yelling at me," Jeno's voice went deep. "Sorry's mean nothing if you don't meant it or nothing changes."

"What are you talking about?" Mark questioned as his brows furrowed.

"Do you realize how much you put us through? How much you put me through?" Jeno leaned back and frowned.

"Jeno...I already said I was sorry about that." Mark went to say.

"Sorry doesn't change anything," Jeno shook his head. "You almost left me, Mark. I had to watch as you shut me out of your life before watching you almost dissappear."