31

When Donghyuck first woke up, he felt like he was dead.

Everything hurt.

In fact, as soon as his eyes opened, he screamed.

He couldn't register anything other than pain.

He couldn't see anything other than red and white.

He felt something being put in his mouth and then what he assumes to be water going down his throat.

His body rejected it.

After the past events, his body uncontrollably shook before he was choking and throwing up everything.

He felt a hand in his.

Soft, warm, gentle.

"They're gone, baby. They're gone and I'm here."

Donghyuck felt things getting placed in his mouth and this time his body accepted them.

He slipped back to sleep.

When Donghyuck came to again, he could actually see where he was.

The familiar smell gave it away and he knew he was in the most crazy yet safest residence in the world.

His body was thrown into protest as he tried to sit up.

It's sort of embarrassing how long it took. He isn't too sure if the cracking he heard was regular joint pops or if he broke something.

He felt like he was in pain but he felt numb at the same time.

He couldn't tell if both were real or one was an illusion.

Donghyuck looked down at himself and unfortunately...

Nothing clicked.

"What happened?" Donghyuck let his brows furrow together as he examined his body.

Donghyuck looked up towards the door when he heard muffled voices in front of it.

He slowly moved his legs off the side of the bed and the amount of pain in his lower body made his vision almost go black again.

He carefully stood up but couldn't walk properly. His knee hurt like a bitch and he couldn't even put his foot down.

What the hell?

Donghyuck shook head as he hobbled towards the door and pressed his ear to the wood.

The bend making his back curve painfully forward.

"Kun said they will all be okay with proper care," Ten's voice said. "Johnny already went to the store to all the medicine Kun recommended."

"I know," Taeyong's responded back. "I'll be gone for only an hour tops. Make breakfast."

"It'll be okay," Ten's voice softened. "Are you sure you don't want to wait at least until one of them wakes up?"

One of them?

Donghyuck assumes that Taeyong shook his head.

"Full details will be fine later," Taeyong said again. "I need to do this now. I can't let it just sit."

"Okay."

Donghyuck yelped a little when his wrist slid against the door.

He closed one eye hoping that they didn't hear him. He sighed in relief when he heard footsteps go down the stairs.

By the time he quietly made his was to Mark's room, he had confused and frustrated tears clinging to his lashes.

He had gone past the other rooms and every glimpse in made him feel broken.