32

Jaemin had a little trouble walking down the stairs when he finally woke up.

His back was throbbing and he almost thought everything that happened was a dream and he was were he was months ago with his herniated disc.

The pain that kept him lying awake at night with his hands clutched around his blankets in the cold apartment.

Donghyuck had flashed through his mind in an instant and he felt guilt crush him.

If you hadn't cried about your family, none of this would've happened.

Was that even true though?

How long had Donghyuck been surviving that?

Jaemin shook his head when he smelled food coming from the kitchen.

"Shit, fuck, crap, oh my god," Ten rushed around the kitchen with something hot in his hands.

"Do you need some help, hyung?" Jaemin asked gently but Ten whipped around with a hand on his heart.

"Oh my fuc- fish! Don't do that- oh wait, you're awake!" Ten's face went through 5 different emotions before coming over to Jaemin.

"How's your back?" He was instantly scanning Jaemin over. "Need any pain meds? Ice pack? Alcohol?"

Jaemin's lip raised in a small smile and shook his head.

Ten was always great at breaking tense moods.

"Taeyong will be back soon," Ten dusted his hands off. "You're the first one to wake up so you get to watch me burn the 5th pancake I've tried to make."

"I'm the first one?" Jaemin let one of his hands curl around his wrist as he frowned.

How bad were the others?

An image of Jeno getting strangled and him not being able to do anything came to his mind.

"Yes," Ten turned the stove off before sighing. "I don't want to know what happened yet. Wait until Taeyong gets back home because if you tell me now, I'll go to jail for murder and you'll be out of a drunk aunt."

Jaemin bit his lip as he walked towards one of the stools to sit down.

"Want help?" Ten asked but he helped him without waiting for an awnser. He felt bad when Jaemin flinched when his butt hit the seat.

"I do have something you can tell me about though," Ten took a seat next to Jaemin and tapped his nails on the countertop. "Yesterday, before you called. Taeyong called Renjun to ask if he had seen any of you. He said something about you and Jeno having a fight. You want to tell me what happened?"

Jaemin stared at the countertop. The parts at the beach causing an ache in his back and his heart.

"I don't want to talk about it," Jaemin shook his head and let it drop down.

"Well we are going to," Ten stood up and grabbed the jar of lollipops that Taeyong kept hidden in one of the cabinets. "You can have one. Taeyong told me you like them."

Jaemin looked at the container and slowly reached his hand into it. A blueberry lollipop sat between his fingers.

Jeno's favorite.

He quickly dropped it back in the bowl like he had been electrocuted.

"I should go before he wakes up," Jaemin took a deep breath before trying to get out of his seat. "I don't think he wants to see me when he does."

"Nuh-uh. You aren't going anywhere so park it," Ten softly pushed him back in his seat before crossing his arms over his chest. "What happened?"

"Renjun dared Jeno to kiss me and I said no," Jaemin blurted out and watched as Ten raised both eyebrows in suprise.