38

Donghyuck had his ear pressed to the kitchen door to hear the conversation.

He couldn't stand to watch Jeno's breakdown any longer so he wanted to get the boy a glass of water.

However, he couldn't ignore the screaming coming from the kitchen. 

"Then why are you doing this to me?!" Jaehyun's started ripping on his own hair. "I wish I could take it all away! Take everything from you so you can see what you did to me-"

"NO!" Donghyuck screamed as he pushed the door open and instantly ran infront of Taeyong.

"Donghyuck?" Taeyong whispered in concern.

"No," Donghyuck let his eyes shook as he took in the other man's appareance.

So this is Jaehyun...

Donghyuck pointed a shakey finger at the other man's suprised face.

"You...you can't do that," He wanted his voice to come out strong but it wobbled a little. "You don't-"

His mind began to flash with thoughts.

Yuta.

Yuta went out of his way to try and find him.

Johnny.

Johnny's studio. Johnny's jokes. Bear hugs. Johnny's reassurance.

Ten

The dance studio. Sunflower shoes. Sunflower and bear nails. Hugs and kisses. Peaches.

Jeno

Jeno's apology. Jeno's invitation to the group. Jeno punching walls. Jeno remembered him singing.

Jaemin.

The foundation. Mark's choice. Arms around his shoulders. Remembering all the words Donghyuck says.

Mark.

Mark's words came to mind.

"He left me...that bastard left me."

Mark

"Please...please don't go."

Mark

Arms around him. Hands in his. Sweet words. Lips pressed to cheek. To his forehead. To his lips.

Mark.

Donghyuck's breath hitched and stopped in his throat.

Taeyong.

Donghyuck didn't realize he was having a hard time breathing.

"Hyuckie...breathe...go into the living room while we finish talking," Taeyong's voice was soft as he tried to hold Donghyuck's hand.

Donghyuck's head shook back and forth before looking into Jaehyun's eyes.

"You- you can't just-" He stumbled as more thoughts ran through him like a tornado. "You can't take them away-"

His own mother came into his head.

The burns she would leave on his arms.

The smoke that would enter his lungs.

The horrifying image of Taeyong's food container breaking against the floor.

Her mocking laugh.

Her kicking him down the stairs.

Calling for his father to get the belt.