22

"I...you're gonna need to take off your shirt," Taeyong said gently towards the cowering boy in his bedroom.

Donghyuck did nothing but slowly nod before grabbing onto the hem of his shirt.

But soon his hands froze there and began to shake.

"Hey," Taeyong soothed as he bent down to look into Donghyuck's eyes. "It's okay, you are okay. That's it, c'mon love."

Donghyuck took a deep breath before fully pulling off his shirt, his arms aching at the extension and his ribs and back cried out in pain.

"Donghyuck..." Taeyong could do nothing but stare the boys bare torso.

"It hurts," Donghyuck shook a little, he felt cold and exposed.

Taeyongs heart broke as his eyes trailed down his body.

Angry red and purple bruises decorated the boys ribs along with some cigarette burns.

Taeyong reach out gently to turn the younger boy around.

He gasped.

Donghyucks back had a boot print right in the middle.

His lower his had bruises in shape of hands with the tips of the fingers disappearing beneath the boys pants.

There were claw marks on them too signaling they tried to hold onto the boy  despite the struggles.

"Oh my god," Taeyong covered his mouth with his hand as he ran the other one through his hair.

A moment of silence when by before Taeyong said, "I want Kun to come take a look at you. It's the only way-"

"No!" Donghyuck whipped around defensively. "I-I don't want to see a doctor-I just-I don't know him-"

"Shh," Taeyong shushed him before holding on of his hands. "Kun is an amazing doctor. Hell, he is in the pediatrica department and works with kids and teens all day."

"But I-" Donghyucks eyes were widen and shaking.

"You have to get these diagnosed and treated," Taeyong dipped his brows in concern. "We can have him come here so you are comfortable and I can be with you the whole time unless you prefer someone else-"

Donghyuck shook his head before speaking.

"I...I'll see the doctor."

...

"Hi, you must be Lee Donghyuck," A tall man with brown hair smiled at him. "I'm doctor Kun and I was the one who helped diagnose your hypothermia a couple days ago."

"Hi," Donghyuck mumbled from his spot on the edge of the bed and kept his hands gripped onto Taeyongs bedsheets.

"We just need you to help provide care with his ribs and back," Taeyong said quickly, trying to get this process over.

"Of course," Kun smiled before walking towards the bed. "Can I have you stand up for me and stretch out your arms? This will only take a minute."

Donghyuck slowly did as Kun said.

"I'm going to feel your ribs to sew if there are any fractures, okay?" Kun said gently, only processing when he saw him nod.

Kun slowly let his hands press against the boys ribs, slowly pressing st each one as well as gauging the boys reaction.

Donghyuck flinched with every press and touch.