6

Donghyuck didn't come to school for the next few days.

Mark felt like he was losing his mind as he sat in class alone day after day.

Although, his heart didn't like what he saw when the brunette boy finally came back.

Donghyuck was looking inside his locker for something (Mark didn't know he even had a locker-), completely oblivious to the eyes on him.

Mark felt a painful drop in his stomach when he saw the black eye on his face.

Donghyyck finally found what he was looking for but before he could each for it there were fingers turning his chin.

"What happened?" Mark's worried eyes made contact with his own startled caramel ones.

Donghyuck felt a small twitch in his chest at the warm fingers on his chin. He quickly got over it though as he hardened his gaze and shoved Mark away.

"The hell is your problem?" Donghyuck spat as he ripped his headphones from out of his locker before stuffing them in his pocket.

"My problem?" Mark furrowed his brows. "You have a black eye!"

"Will you shut up?" Donghyuck hissed and looked around, hoping that nobody would be paying attention to them.

Thankfully, there was nobody in the hallway.

"Look, whatever happens to me isn't any of your business," Donghyuck kept his eyes locked on his sneakers. The pink converse seeming a little too interesting.

"But you're my friend," Mark said stubbornly as he tried to meet Donghyucks eyes. "I just want-"

"We aren't friends!" Donghyuck yelled at him, his chest rising and falling rapidly.

"But I thought-" Mark's voice was soft with hurt.

"You thought what? That the other night changed something?" Donghyuck shook his head. "Well it didn't. We aren't friends. So do me a favor and leave me alone."

Donghyuck quickly ran away from Mark and into the bathroom so that he could calm himself down.

What he didnt expect was to see a pink haired boy putting foundation and concealer on his own bruises.

Jaemin made eye contact with him in the mirror and his eyes widened a bit.

Jaemin had a large bruise on his cheek bone, his face looking a little swollen with redness.

It didn't match the boys delicate features at all.

Donghyuck heard Jaemin sigh through his nose before he dug something out of his bag.

"I...I won't ask if you don't," Jaemin said shyly before holding out a different foundation bottle to Donghyuck. One that matched his skin tone perfectly.

Donghyuck looked at the bottle skeptically before taking it in his hands.

He stared at it for a minute before speaking, "How do you have my color?"

He watched as Jaemin flushed a bit before shyly looking down and shuffling through his makeup products.

"I...I saw you wearing eyeshadow the other day..." Jaemin's voice was soft and unsure. As if he was scared that Donghyuck would lash out at him. "I bought it because I realized I probably didn't make a good impression...im sorry...I just get nervous....Im trying to be less shy...but it's hard sometimes..."

Donghyuck felt immediate understanding. He felt that way too. It's hard giving a good first impression when most people already peg you as someone bad.

Donghyuck gripped the foundation bottle tighter in his hands as Jaemin finished covering his bruise.

Jaemin began to quickly walk away but soon stopped when he heard Donghyuck speak.

"Hey," Donghyuck said lowly before grabbing something out of his own bag.

Jaemin was tense but his brown eyes filled with suprise when Donghyuck held out a pink nail polish bottle.

"I tried it once," Donghyuck looked towards the side as he held it out for the pinkette. "...it wasn't my color."

There was a moment of silence before Jaemin gently took it from him. He held it as though his fingers could break it.

"Thank you," Jaemin gave him a light smile before quickly walking out the door.

Donghyuck was in trouble as soon as he walked through the classroom doors.

"Lee Donghyuck," Mrs.Kim's voice scolded him once the door shut behind him. "Is there a reason you are late?"

Donghyuck felt all his classmates eyes on him and it made his hands shake a little.

He didn't like having a lot of attention on him.

He could feel Mark's eyes burning holes into his skull and that was enough to make him feel sick.

"Are you going to awnser me?" Mrs.Kim slammed her hand down on the table. "Or should I assume that you were skipping my class?"

Donghyuck shook his head but words would not form in his mouth.

"I am sick and tired of you, Lee Donghyuck," Mrs.Kim yelled at him with a volume that broke his eardrums. "You have done nothing but sleep and distract everyone in this classroom."

Donghyuck gulped when he realized she was walking towards him. He began to step away but she kept walking towards him.

"You do not pay attention to anything that I teach you and that is clearly the reason why you are so stupid-" Mrs.Kim was yelling in his face. 

"I do," Donghyuck let out in a small voice, trying to get her away from his personal space.

He felt like he was suffocating.

"Is that so?" Mrs.Kim narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

"Who imperialized Korea in the early 1900's?" She looked at him expectantly but he could see the smugness in her eyes.

"Japan," Donghyuck said immediately. His voice at a normal tone for the first time since the conversation started.

Mrs.Kim dropped her arms but he watched as her shoulder began to shake with anger.

"Get out..." Her voice was low before raising to a loud pitch.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CLASSROOM," Mrs.Kim shoved his shoulder and Donghyuck fell roughly to the ground.

"Professor-" Donghyuck heard Mark call out but it was too late.

Donghyuck was already out the door and running far away from the school.