48

Donghyuck held tight to his backpack straps as he made his way into his first class.

You're fine.

It's not like you haven't done this before.

Donghyuck thought as sat in his usual seat.

He pulled out his new notebook and a pen that he stole from Mark's backpack.

"Ok class..." The teacher stared to speak.

Donghyuck tried to pay attention but his mind kept drifting.

Renjuns words bouncing around in his skull.

Someone who understands. A best friend. A child they needed.

Donghyuck held onto his pen tighter as he went back to writing notes.

Fullsun.

Donghyuck closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

He can't do this here.

Let yourself be loved.

His sloppy handwriting faltered.

No Mark.

His hand pressed the pen roughly into the notebook, creating a deep mark in the middle of the page.

"Lee Donghyuck," The teacher called from the front of the room.

His eyes widened as he sat up and looked at the teacher.

"You are wanted in the office," They said before teaching again.

Donghyuck ignored the stares and snickers as he collected his stuff and made his way out the door.

...

"Mr.Lee, please have a seat," Mr.Moon said as he motioned toward the open seat in front of his desk.

Donghyuck slowly sat down in the seat and clasped his hands together on his lap.

"Whatever you think I did," Donghyuck said as he looked into Mr.Moon's eyes. "I didn't do."

He's been through this all before whether he was kicked out of class or taking the blame just for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

It would always be his fault.

"Actually, I wanted to speak with you about the advanced music program," Mr.Moon gave him a light smile.

Donghyuck sat up a little in his seat.

"After a talk with a student about some unfortunate and unseen events," Mr.Moon pressed forward. "The situation will now be dealt with properly and those who sabotaged your possible enrollment will deal with the consequences."

Donghyuck felt stunned as his hands came loose in their clasped position.

"What?" Donghyuck breathed out in disbelief.

"I'm sorry we didn't handle these events earlier," Mr.Moon's brows came together in concern. "I was wondering why you didn't bring this to our attention earlier, Mr.Lee."

"Was it Mark Lee?" Donghyuck felt his stomach twist at the name.

"Hmm?" Mr.Moon titled his head before looking down at the papers on his desk. "You mean the report? Yes, I do believe it was Mr.Lee who reported on your behalf."

Donghyuck let his nails dig into his hands.

"He was very adamant about you getting into the class," Mr.Moon raised a brow. "He even offered to give up his spot."