37

"Excuse me?" Taeyong sneered. "I never told you to leave."

"Yes you did," Jaehyun raised his voice a little bit. "You told me leave until you figured everything out-"

"For a few hours, asshole," Taeyong shoved at his chest. "I didn't expect to come home from work the next day to see almost all your stuff out of the house and a half assed note."

"You told me-" Jaehyun went to defend himself.

"No! You know what I think?" Taeyong lip turned into a snarl, looking displeased. "I think you're trying to find something to blame. You're trying to blame anything and anyone but yourself. You realized you couldn't take back what you said when we fought and you ran away."

"You're wrong," Jaehyun snapped back. "I don't take back a single thing I said in our argument."

Taeyong felt his heart crack at the words.

An unfit parent.

You don't love your kids.

"See and now you're doing it again-" Jaehyun tried to say.

Taeyong felt angry tears in his eyes as he went forward and smacked Jaehyun across the face.

"You are a liar," Taeyong's voice was low and angry. "You knew I loved Mark and Jeno. You knew that I would do anything to make them happy. I am not the unfit parent. You are."

Jaehyun closed his eyes for a minute and took a deep breath before letting out an angry grunt.

Taeyong gasped when Jaehyun charged forward and caged him against the counter.

"You keep saying that!" Jaehyun growled at him. "I never said you were an unfit parent. You didn't listen to me."

"I've always listened to you!" Taeyong yelled in his face. "There's never been a damn second where I haven't paid attention to you. Unless you've forgotten, you were my husband."

"I didn't forget," Jaehyun pressed closer. "But I think you did. I think you forgot how our fight went and now you're blaming it on me. You didn't listen to me, Tae. I was telling you how I felt and you acted like you didn't want to hear it."

"I know exactly how our fight went," Taeyong let his hands turn into fists. "It's been etched in my brain and replays every damn night. You think I just forgot the way you broke my heart?"

"Don't do that," Jaehyun shook his head. "Don't play the victim. You broke my heart too. We built an entire life together and I watched it fall apart within seconds."

"You made it fall apart," Taeyong tried to push Jaehyun away but he wouldn't budge. "You knew exactly what happened to their parents and you left them the same way. We promised each other to always work things out and you didn't even stay to talk about it-"

"I was waiting for you to tell me to come home!" Jaehyun had his own frustrated tears clinging to his lashes. "I wanted to see my husband and kids for months but you told me to leave."

"I did not!" Taeyong finally gave a hard shove and sent Jaehyun back a few steps. "You said..."

Flashback (Taeyong's Version)

Taeyong felt like he was on fire as soon as he walked through the door. His back was killing him and the cherography they were learning made him feel sore and like his body wanted to rip apart.

"You're home!" Mark's yelled once he got into the living room.

Mark was sitting on the floor infront of the coffee table with Jeno next to him and Jaehyun was sitting on the couch watching them.