39

(A/N: Hi everybody! I'm really sorry about the wait. There has been a lot going on lately that I've been trying to figure out. I'm really happy about the love and support you all give to this story. At the beginning I was a little conflicted because I wasn't sure if it was that good. But thank you all so much!)

"MARK- MARK STOP-" Taeyong was screaming in his ear.

Mark kept punching as if his life depended on it. His whole body aching from previous injuries. His eyes welling up with frustration, rage...sadness.

Mark wanted to rip somebody's head off when hands pulled him up and pushed him away from the man on the floor.

"Mark! This isn't what you-" Taeyong tried to say as he stepped between Mark and Jaehyun.

"You are a bastard!" Mark yelled, veins in his neck bulging as his jaw clenched. "You hear me, you son of a bitch!"

Jaehyun stood up from the floor and wiped his bleeding lip with his thumb.

"Mark! Knock it off!" Taeyong yelled at him. "Calm down. I don't want to hear that language. It was a misunderstanding-"

"No! No it wasn't," Mark spat, not keeping his eyes off the man standing behind Taeyong. "You ruined this family!"

"Mark-" Taeyong went to scold him again but the hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"Let us talk," Jaehyun's deep voice traveled throughout the room.

"I'm not leaving," Taeyong furrowed his brows as he turned to look at the brunette.

"I never said you had to," Jaehyun said as he locked eyes with Mark, the younger boy's hands curled into fists. "Go sit with-"

Donghyuck, who was watching the whole ordeal facing the back of the couch, squeaked when Jaehyun looked at him and ducked behind the couch.

"Hey," Jaehyun softened a little at the boy. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I didn't mean-"

"What?" Mark glared as he stepped infront of Donghyuck, who was peeking over the couch again, as if to shield him from Jaehyun's gaze.

"He didn't mean to-" Taeyong tried to reason but Mark was over it.

He was done with excuses.

"I had so much I planned to say to you if i ever saw you again," Mark chuckled but it was empty, dark and maybe a little numb.

"Then say it," Jaehyun crosses his arms over his chest and raised his chin.

Mark practically growled and tried to throw himself at Jaehyun again but Taeyong was quick to intervene once again.

"Mark, enough," Taeyong pressed his hands to Mark's shoulders to keep him from lunging. "That night I was drugged and we got into a fight but it was a misunderstanding. I told him to leave because I couldn't hear what he was actually saying and-"

"No," Mark shrugged his shoulder with a bitter look. "I don't give a shit. You still left."

"He-" Taeyong stopped again when Jaehyun gently moved him to the side to face Mark.

"You are a coward!" Mark shoved hard at his chest. "You knew it was a misunderstanding and you still left. You didn't fight to stay. You didn't fight for any of us. You gave up."

There was a moment of silence except for Mark's heavy breathing. His chest rising and falling rapidly as he glared daggers at Jaehyun.

"I did," Jaehyun admitted as he stared into Mark's angry eyes.