7

Donghyuck didn't know where he was running to but he was far away from the school now.

The sidewalk was a big blur as it mixed with the water filling up his eyes. He willed it to go away because he couldn't breathe.

He felt his lungs constrict at everything that the just happened.

He's always listening.

Donghyuck knew everything that always talked about in class. He could  tell you any awnser you wanted to know.

He knew exactly what people said about him in class.

He could hear their hushed whispers.

'He's so lazy'

'I heard the school forces him to eat on the roof'

'I dont know why is in this class, he doesn't even do anything'

'What a failure'

'There is no way he is going to have a future that doesn't have him working at a gas station'

'I dont like to say this about people but like...he seems a little worthless."

Those were always the words that hurt the most.

Worthless.

Useless.

It shouldn't matter anyway.

He was supposed to be a hard wall that couldn't be struck down.

Donghyuck didn't even realize that his knees gave out until he let out a shuddered breath.

He sat back on his butt and pulled his knees up to his chest. He looked at his untied shoelaces and played with the end of it with his eyes closed.

He needed to calm down.

"Hey peaches," A voice startled Donghyuck out of his panic. "I knew I recognized that hair."

Donghyuck looked up to see Ten standing over him with a smile on his face.

Donghyuck blinked at him before dropping his head back down to look at his shoes. "Hi."

What he didnt expect was Ten to plop down right next to him.

"I was on my way to the dance studio when I saw you sitting here," Ten said but he wasn't looking at him , he was looking at the sky above them.

Donghyuck nodded his head a little bit before going back to playing with his shoelaces.

"I know you are supposed to be in school right now," Ten said and he felt Donghyuck tense up next to him. "I'm not gonna ask why you're not. I honestly don't really care. I assume something happened."

"You don't care?" Donghyuck blurted out before he could realize what he said. He felt his ears turn pink when he heard Ten laugh.

"You're so cute Donghyuck-ah," Ten giggled at him. "Of course I dont care why you're in school. I hated school myself."

Donghyuck looked at him again and the smile on Ten's face made him relax.

Ok, so maybe one of Mark's roommates was cool.

"Anyway," Ten said as he stood up, brushing off his sweatpants.

Donghyuck felt his heart drop a little at the thought of being alone again.

It was weird.

"School doesn't end for a few more hours. Do you wanna come to the studio with me?" Ten asked, offering a hand for Donghyuck to take.

Donghyuck analyzed his hand but didn't grab it. "Am I allowed to be in there?"

"I mean you are with me," Ten smiled as Donghyuck finally grabbed his hand. "Plus, if anybody says anything the they will have to deal with me and let me just tell you...I can be a bitch when need be."

Donghyuck let an amused huff out of his nose before he was being dragged along by the hand to Ten's dance studio.

Ten focused on his face moves in the mirror.

It was a contemporary piece that he would be performing at the show in a few months.

He only had to practice that dance because Taeyong wasn't there today.

They had a sexy dance they would performing together called 'Baby Don't Stop."

"Yo Ten," One of the other dance crew members called out to him. "Yuta's here to pick you up."

"Ok tell him I'll be there in a minute," Ten said as he walked to where his waterbottle was. 

He quickly stopped when he saw the cute sight of Donghyuck curled up on the floor sleeping.

He smiled softly as he remembered Donghyuck's excited eyes when they walked into the studio.

Donghyuck asked him many questions before settling down near the corner corner the studio and watched Ten and his other crew members with curiosity and sparkles in his eyes.

Donghyuck was probably the cutest thing he's ever seen.

Sure, Mark told him about all the rumors that went around about Donghyuck in school.

But there was no way that any of those were true about Donghyuck.

He had trouble radar and it did not go off around Donghyuck.

However, it did go off like a fucking bomb when Johnny was around.

Ten rolled his eyes at the thought thought Johnny before texting Yuta to come inside and help him carry the sleeping boy to the car.