35

"Hey, kiddo," Johnny beamed when he saw Mark and Donghyuck come into the living room. "How are you, feelin?"

"My ribs hurt," Mark whined as he went to sit next to Johnny on the couch.

"Do you know where Taeyong is?" Donghyuck asked.

"He's in the kitchen with Jaemin," Jeno's voice came out of nowhere until he popped up from where he was laying his head in Johnny's lap.

Donghyuck smiled at him before walking into the kitchen.

"I'm all ears, baby," Taeyong said to Jaemin as he hopped up onto the kitchen counter across from where Jaemin was sitting down at the table.

"Oh sorry," Donghyuck said as he realized they were in the middle of talking.

"Donghyuck," Jaemin's voice caught his attention and then there were arms lightly wrapped around him.

"Hi Jaem," Donghyuck smiled a little as he stroked up and and down the youngers bruised back.

"I'm sorry," Jaemin said into his shoulder. "I'm really sorry."

"Jaemin," Donghyuck pulled Jaemin away from him by the shoulders to look into his eyes. "It wasn't your fault, okay?"

Jaemin shook his head but Donghyuck pointed a finger at him.

"No, no crying," Donghyuck booped his nose. "If you cry then I have to cry and if I cry then we aren't going to be able to work on your swearing lessons."

Jaemin let out a wet giggle as he nodded his head and wiped his nose.

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that last part," Taeyong said from his spot on the kitchen counter with an eyebrow raised.

"Sorry," Donghyuck let out a guilty laugh. "Uhm actually...I have to talk to you."

"Both of you do," Taeyong looked at them both knowingly. "Jaemin was just about to talk to me about something so if you want to wait a few minutes then-"

"He can stay," Jaemin said as he grabbed Donghyuck's hand. "He already knows...He...he told me to tell you and I..."

Taeyong waited patiently for Jaemin to speak. He's always had a soft spot for the pink haired boy. He loved him just like Mark and Jeno.

"A couple months ago my parents left me," Jaemin let out into the air before going on and telling the whole story.

As he spoke he didn't dare look up at Taeyong.

He didn't want to see a face of disappointment.

"...I'm really sorry I didn't tell you," Jaemin sat on his knees and pressed his forehead to the floor hoping that his apology would make Taeyong less angry or disappointed or whatever he would be.

He felt Donghyuck sit down next to him and place an arm around him and rub his side up and down.

He felt himself relax enough to finally look Taeyong in the eye but the older had his eyes on the ceiling.

"Before I say anything," Taeyong's voice sounded strangled as he spoke. "Donghyuck, do you want to tell me what you want to say too?"

"Yes," Donghyuck whispered, he was honestly scared to speak but just like he told Mark.

Taeyong also deserved the truth.

This time it was Jaemin who held and caressed his hand and he told all the gruesome details of his life.

Jaemin was crying into the back of Donghyuck's hand as he remembered the events of last night.

By the time Donghyuck was finished, he was taking deep breaths in order to not hyperventilate again.

"I'm sorry," Taeyong said as he finally removed his eyes from the ceiling. There were fat tears streaming down his face.

He slid off the counter and kneeled infront of them.

"I'm so sorry for not seeing any of this," Taeyong said as he reached his hands out to cup their cheeks. "Oh, my loves."

Taeyong took a second to breathe and try to calm himself down before he spoke again.

"I want both of you to stay here," Taeyong said with eyes filled with care and concern. "We can pick up all the things you need and the guest bedroom can-"

"I can't," Donghyuck was the first to speak. "My parents they'll-"

"Donghyuck," Taeyong said carefully. "I went to meet with a lawyer this morning. I don't know how long the case will be put now that I have the full story...I promise you won't go through anything like that again."

"I clearly have to get back on the phone with the lawyer," Taeyong let his eyes glance over at Jaemin. "But you'll both be safe here. Okay?"

Taeyong jumped when he heard a knock on the door.

"I'LL GET IT," Jeno yelled from the living room.

"It may never be quiet though," Taeyong rolled his eyes as Jaemin laughed and Donghyuck smiled.

Taeyong watched fondly as Jaemin leaned over to wrap his arms around Donghyuck's shoulders to whisper a little too loudly, "We can be roommates!"

"Alright you two, go rest up before dinner," Taeyong stood up with a smile on his face.

Both Donghyuck and Jaemin stood up but before Taeyong could turn back to cooking dinner, he heard the front door slam shut.

"What was that-" Jaemin questioned but Taeyong scooted past them to go into the living room.

"Jeno, who was-" Taeyong felt frozen when he saw Jeno sobbing into Mark's shoulder.

"Jen, breathe," Mark whispered as he pet his brother's hair. "What happened? Who was at the door?"

"Jeno?" Jaemin had a divot between his brows as he looked at the brothers when he exited the kitchen.

"I'll be dammed if they showed up at the door," Johnny stood up angry, his fists shaking and the veins on his arms standing out. "I almost killed them last night and if I have to-"

Donghyuck swallowed.

If his parents were at the door for him then-

There was a knock on the door again.

"Let me get it," Taeyong said to try and calm Johnny down.

"No, I'll get the door and fucking-"

Johnny went to walk towards the door but Ten stopped him on his way down the stairs. "Go sit down and let Taeyong get the door."

Taeyong walked past them towards the door and took a deep breath.

Ready to snap at whoever it was that has his son crying in the middle of his living room.

"I don't know who the hell you-" Taeyong stopped short once he saw who was at the door.

"I tried to call but your phone kept going to voicemail..."

"Jaehyun," Taeyong said as his heart snapped the same way it did all those months ago.