15

Donghyuck wrapped his hands around his elbows as he exited the car. The wind not letting up against his bare arms.

He stared as everyone cheered as they got out of the car as well once they finally got to their destination.

"I love coming to the mall," Ten smiled before he pointed to one of the outside store entrances. "That one is my favorite."

Donghyuck looked at it but just decided on nodding because he didn't know what it was.

He hasn't ever been to a mall before...

Donghyuck looked down at his phone and there was no messages from his parents.

He isn't suprised.

Donghyuck mostly just followed the rest of them around to the stores.

"Hyuckie?" Taeyong grabbed the sleeve of Donghyuck's t-shirt with two fingers. "What's your favorite color?"

"Uh..." Donghyuck was taken back by the sudden question.

"Wait! Lemme guess," Taeyong said before looking Donghyuck up and down. "Hmm..."

There is no way he'll get it.

Donghyuck waited for an wrong awnser. He's never actually worn his favorite color before.

That's a long story though.

But he doubts-

"Red?" Taeyong titled his head to the side, big and sparkly eyes looking in curiosity.

Donghyuck practically choked on air, walking a fist on his chest to keep himself breathing.

"Woah, you ok?" Taeyong pat his back for him with a frown.

"I uhm yeah- I just-" Donghyuck stumbled over his words. "...how did you guess that so easily?"

Taeyong grinned before winking at him. "With all these kids around let's just say I have a mother's instinct."

A mother's what?

"Anyway, make sure you stay with someone the whole time and don't get lost," Taeyong said to him before leaving the group to find something he planned on buying.

Donghyuck didn't exactly have money to spend on things so he was mostly just looking at everything.

"Hyuckie, which one looks better?" Johnny asked as he held up two button up shirts. "White or Black?"

Donghyuck raised a brow before pointing towards the white one.

"Ok," Johnny nodded his head before asking again. "Bow-tie or regular tie?"

"You goin on a date or somethin'?" Ten's voice asked from behind them.

Donghyuck smiled a bit when he saw Ten's narrowed eyes.

"Wouldn't you like to know-" Johnny's teasing voice made Donghyuck start walking away.

Definitely don't need to see where that is going.

Donghyuck shook his head as he went off to find someone else to follow.

He looked around a bit before seeing Jaemin's pink hair towards the back of the store.

He began to walk to where the younger boy was but stopped when he heard Jaemins soft voice.

"...just leave me alone..."

Jaemin's voice trembled a bit as he spoke.

"You're cute when you're scared," A deeper voice made it self known.

Donghyuck balled his hands into fists, his nails digging in to his palm.

Jaemin can handle himself.

"...I didn't do anything..."

"I don't care, slut."

Donghyuck took a deep breath through his nose.

You don't need to get involved.

Donghyuck didn't know why he was so bothered.

He's seen countless people get bullied in school.

He's never stepped in because he was sure he would only make the situation worse.

"...please...stop..."

"Hmm? How bout no. What if I just-"

He doesn't stand up for people.

Not even himself.

However, the second the guy reached out to touch Jaemin, he smacking the hand away in a flash.

"What do you think you're doing?" Donghyuck stood infront of Jaemin, his shoulders firm and his jaw raised high.

"Lee Donghyuck," The boy raised both his brows in suprise as he looked Donghyuck up and down.

Donghyuck finally recognized the older boy.

Minhyuk from a grade above them.

"He asked you to leave him alone," Donghyuck didn't change his composure despite seeing that the other was visibly stronger than him.

"What's this, Jaemin-ah?" Minhyuk smirked at the pinkette. "You switch from the guard dog to this bitch?"

"You're real funny," Donghyuck gave a tight lipped smile as he nodded his head.

"What are you going to do?" Minhyuk wiggled his brows at him. "I've heard about you but you doesn't seem as scary as the rumors make you sound."

"They aren't rumors," Donghyuck snarled at the elder, taking a step towards him.

If looks could kill, Minhyuk would have been disintegrated.

"Hyuckie...it's ok just leave it-" Jaemin rested his shaking hand on Donghyuck's shoulder.

"Hey, Nana- woah what's going on?" Jeno's suprised voice came into the conversation.

Donghyuck didn't take his eyes of Minhyuk even as the elder put a smile on his face and reach out to greet Jeno.

"Hey man," Minhyuk smiled at Jeno before doing a handshake. "Nothing much. I was just shopping for some new basketball shoes for the game next week."

"That's cool," Jeno smiled back but raised a brow. "But there isn't shoes in this store."

"Ah well, I saw Jaemin and figured you'd be around here and I wanted to say hi," Minhyuk chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck. "But...that one got a bit defensive...you should be careful around him."

Donghyuck shook his head in annoyance and as much as he wanted to choke Minhyuk, it wasn't his place to.

It's not like he hasn't heard it before.

He ripped his shoulder out of Jaemin's grip before walking towards the exit of the store and searching for a vending machine.

"Fuckin' asshole," He mumbled under his breath as he searched for change in his wallet but there wasn't any. "Fuck."

"I was wondering where you dissappear to."

The side of Donghyuck's lip quirked up when he heard the voice behind him.

"But you always somehow seem to find me," Donghyuck turned towards Mark before pointing to the machine. "You got a dollar?"

"Well do you expect me not too look for you?" Mark raised an eyebrows as he just slid his card through. "Get one for me too."

Donghyuck finally got his water and handed one to Mark as well.

"Are you not having a good time?" Mark asked as they just began to wander around the mall.

"I am," Donghyuck nodded his head as his shoulder bumped into Marks own before settling there. "I just can't do much here."

Mark seemed to contemplate in his mind before stopping to turn to Donghyuck.

"Do you wanna get out of here?"