19

Donghyuck smiled as Ten put on the last coat of his nail polish on for him.

They were yellow and brown with little sunflower and bear drawings on them.

"You're really good at art," Donghyuck said as he stared in awe at his adorable nails.

They had moved from the bedroom to the couch.

There was a rom-com movie playing on the television and there were still two fluffy blankets wrapped around Donghyuck.

"Eh," Ten shrugged as he put the nail supplies away. "It isn't much."

"But it's so pretty-" Donghyuck was cut off by the front door opening.

"I'm home! I came as soon as I heard," Johnny said as he walked into the living room before spreading his arms out with a smile. "C'mere."

Donghyuck raised his brows before looking at Ten.

Ten smiled and rolled his eyes before motioning his head at Johnny.

Donghyuck smiled before slowly standing up and making his way over to Johnny.

"You're okay!" Johnny exclaimed as he engulfed Donghyuck in a hug and picked him off the ground, blankets and all.

"Okay, okay, don't break the poor boy," Ten snorted as Johnny slowly put a giggly Donghyuck back down.

"Jealous?" Johnny smirked at Ten before raising a brow.

"Absolutely not," Ten stuck his tongue out at Johnny.

Johnny titled his head back and glared down at Ten.

Ten, however, didn't back down and glared right back up at Johnny.

"You two could flirt somewhere else, y'know?" Donghyuck joked with a knowing smile as Ten gawked at him.

"Flirt? With him?-" Ten began to yell but everybody went silent when another voice answered.

"Donghyuck..."

Donghyuck turned his head so hard he thinks he might've heard his neck crack.

"Mark..." Donghyuck said back as he pulled his blankets tighter around himself.

They only stared at eachother before Ten interrupted.

"Did I forget to mention that Mark was coming home early?" Ten jokingly turned his head before shooting Donghyuck a secret wink.

Revenge.

"We'll be going upstairs," Ten said slyly before pulling Johnny up the stairs, the sound of a bedroom door slamming a few seconds later.

Silence followed again soon after.

"You...you're awake," Mark said as his eyes frantically scanned Donghyuck up and down.

"Yeah..." Donghyuck nodded his head as he looked down at the floor.

"What happened?" Mark pleaded gently. "Please, I need to know. You can't just- you can't do that to me again."

"Mark..." Donghyuck sighed, his voice and body shaking a little bit.

"Donghyuck," Mark's tone became firm. "Do you know how serious this is?"

Donghyuck nodded his head.

Mark, you're scaring me.

"I was so worried. I just-" Mark ran a hand through his hair as he looked at Donghyuck. "Do you know how worried I was?"

Donghyuck went to open his mouth but soon settled on shrugging his shoulders.

Mark, however, began to rant.

"It was so scary. You were completely bruised and bloody and I-"

I know.

"You didnt wake up for three day! What was I supposed to do without you?-"

I don’t know.

"You wouldn't wake up no matter what and I really thought maybe once you did everything would change and you would finally say something and-"

I know.

"I thought you were going to leave. I thought I would never see you smile again. I cried so hard think that your eyes would open and-"

Mark.

Please.

Donghyuck continued to watch Mark pace back and forth. Words leaving his mouth every single second.

Donghyuck could only hear his own anxious heartbeat in his ears.

Donghyuck stared at Mark's face.

At the slightly dark under eyes and the little too pale skin.

He stared at at moles on Marks skin and his messy black hair.

He stared at Mark's pure and worry filled brown eyes.

He stared for so long he didn't even notice the tears streaming out of his own.

He didn’t even register that his mouth was speaking until Mark stopped all together and stared at him.

"What?" Mark's eyes widened as he stood in front of Donghyuck.

Donghyuck finally heard his mouth moving.

"Im sorry, Mark."

Words from his lips that he hasn't said in a long time.

Something he thought he would never day again.

Now here he was, sobbing them like no tomorrow.

"I'm s-so sorry. I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry-"

Donghyuck only stopped when he felt soft lips on his own.