Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Edward's POV –

"Let's bunk off," Awan suggested.

"Good idea Awan," Micah yelled.

"Yeah! C'mon Edward, I have to perfect dare for you," Awan called. His eyebrows twitching the excitement on this face was growing.

"Bring it on," I challenged, not wanting to look like the weak link among the group of boys.

We all headed to Awan's locker which was just down the corridor from the science class in room eleven which was where I was supposed to be right now. When we got there he opened his locker and her pulled out a bag of clinking cans and an egg carton before he clicked the locker shut again. This is when we made our way to the shiny glass staircase.

"Okay Edward, come over here," ordered Awan. "First, I dare you to throw these on the glass staircase," he said, handing me the carton of eggs, which happened to be full. I took the box and opened the lid, simply throwing the whole box of eggs over the stairs. The eggs cracked and splattered everywhere.

"Second, graffiti the windows," He stated, holding out the bag.

I took it from him and looked in it – spray paint. I took one of the cans out of the bag, and slowly approached the windows which enclosed the staircase. Why couldn't I stop my feet from moving forward? I was never one to succumb to peer pressure, nor was I this rebellious person. However, I couldn't stop myself. Just like I couldn't stop myself from egging the place. I closed in on the glass and moved my hand to eyelevel before I slowly began pushing on the nozzle of the spray. Nothing came out, I vigorously shook the can. Then I tried again – the paint was red in colour. I started spraying the window, drawing random shapes in the pane of glass. Finally, the red paint spurted out in uneven amounts and the can stopped squirting, we heard footsteps. It was the headmaster, Mr. Blake. We started to take off the opposite way, just then Jacob appeared at the end of the corridor and stood before me.

"Edward! Why haven't you been in class," Jacob called.

"Because its shit," I stated, realising that I'd been caught as Mr. Blake caught up behind us.

"That's enough," Mr. Blake cut in.

"Yes sir," said Jacob. "I'll take him home"

"No Jacob, that's fine, I'll call Charlie, and take it to my office," reasoned Mr. Blake.

"I don't think that will necessary," Jacob argued, again poking his nose in and intruding on my personal and private life. I decided to step in this time.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not standing right here!" I shouted

"Edward!" Charlie and Sam shouted at the same time.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, both Sam and Charlie.

"That is enough Edward," my dad demanded.

"Don't tell me what to do Charlie!" I shouted. Charlie flinched as I used his name and didn't call him dad. That's when the small tremors started rippling down my spine. My whole body was shaking with anger. I couldn't calm myself down. I had never gotten this angry before.

"Edward, it's okay. Calm down," Sam reasoned.

Somehow as he spoke some sort of authority came through in his voice. I don't know what it was but sudden the shaking and the heat I felt all around me diminished as my body obeyed the 5 words that Sam spoke and even though I was still mad soon the shivers stopped altogether.

"Thank you Sam, now let's go to my office and sort this out, calmly," Mr. Blake said, with his lips in a tight line, eying me up. We walked back to the headmaster's office, with me behind Mr. Blake. He told Awan, Micah and Brady to go back to class and he would deal with them later, that left just me and Charlie, as Sam and Jacob also returned to class.

~

It was now 2 o'clock and Mr. Blake was having a meeting with the board, to see what they would do, and what would happen. Suddenly, the door swung open and Mr. Blake marched in. He sat down on his leather chair at his mahogany desk. He eyed me with sorrow, then glanced to Charlie before he began to speak.

"Edward, I am sorry, but your foolishness this afternoon has had a huge effect on your future," then he turned to look at my dad.

"Mr. Swan, I'm afraid that your son's antics this afternoon with the other bunch of hooligans he was with, has resulted in him being expelled from this school. After a huge debate we have decided it has been down to numerous things, firstly I would like to show you how many classes Edward has been marked absent for," Mr Blake began.

Charlie threw me a look and if the saying 'if looks could kill' was true, I don't think I would be alive right now.

"In the last week Edward has missed 8 classes, and failed to hand in multiple homework's. Along with today's vandalism, his violent language and the aggressive nature of his behaviour, there was no other choice but to have him expelled," he finished sadly.

"Are you sure there is no other option, in order to keep him enrolled in your education system Mr. Blake," Charlie questioned, trying anything he could to change Mr. Blake's mind before glancing at me his eyes hiding some sorrow.

"No, I am sorry, if we were to mould the discipline system for Edward other pupils would raise questions Charlie,"

"Very well then," my Dad said, as he stood up. "Edward I think you should apologise to Mr. Blake before we leave."

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"I'll see you about Charlie," Mr. Blake said.

"Yes, goodbye," said Charlie, politely.