Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Edward's POV –

It was Sunday and we were having a lazy day at the Cullen's house. I had gone back to school at the start of the week. I found it incredibly hard to find the balance between school the pack and Bella. I knew it would come the rest of the wolves had been doing it for years. Maybe it would have been easier if I was still at La Push. I was planning on graduating along with Bella before our wedding. Alice had obviously jumped straight into the plans and had arranged the venue, which would be on Isle Esme, the colour scheme, a lovely navy blue, and had finished sorting out the favours. I didn't even know what favours were up until a few days ago.

Bella and I were currently still lying in bed even though it had just gone twelve. Call us lazy, I don't care. I was stroking her thigh during her make out session. They were always rather intense nowadays. As a moan escaped her throat Jasper came in.

"Some of us are going hunting, can you pair keep an eye on Scarlett after you stop playing tonsil tennis please?" Jasper asked chucking. Bella lifted her hand and showed him her middle finger, earning a scolding from Alice downstairs.

We followed Jasper downstairs, I pinched Bella's perky butt on the way downstairs causing her to squeal. We giggled as we entered the lounge to see everyone getting ready to go, they'd be gone over night. Alice approached us.

"For God's sake Bella, fix your hair before you come into public. Your mother finds it incredibly difficult to comprehend the fact you're sexually active now so perhaps you could make it a little easier for her?" Alice smirked. The whole family found it hilarious that Bella and myself were exploring the new level to our relationship. Well, everyone except Rose. I hated the term sexually active, like what does that even mean? Soon everyone left and that left myself, Bella, Scarlett and Jacob. Bella had invited Leah and Seth around to so we planned on just chilling today.

After watch a film or two Jacob, Seth and I went for a run while the girls stayed in and read a couple of magazines. I enjoyed running through the forest on four legs. It gave me a little bit of freedom and I enjoyed the feeling of the wind hurtling through my shaggy fur. It was also nice to talk to the guys in wolf form, it was something I had grown used to and it just came naturally now. We galloped back to the house at full speed finding Bella and Scarlett washing my car and Leah washing her car which she shared with Seth. His mum couldn't afford to get them a car each when they both passed their tests so they got the next best thing, one to share.

Bella was knackered when we had finished so we went back inside and light the fire laying lazily on the couch. She was out fairly quickly. We lay in the lounge having small chitter chatter. Time with friends and family really was precious. I enjoyed the smaller things in life. Esme went along with the rest of the vampires to hunt so the next best thing was ordering a take-out, which Leah and I went to collect.

"Is it easier for you now, that Sam's not in the pack I mean?" I asked her during our conversation driving into town.

"Yeah, I guess. It never really gets easier though being around my friends takes my mind off it," she confessed. She kind of gave me the impression we were talking about something different than my question Leah has had a pretty hard time of it and she was so grateful towards me, I understood what losing a parent was like and I stood up to Sam in the beginning. She was just misunderstood by a lot of people. "You know I think it's so hard because I'm not sure if that's who I am anymore," Leah mumbled quietly.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I was confused. Leah's been a wolf longer than myself and quite a lot of the pack. She phased before her father's death, shortly after Embry, so I couldn't quite put my finger on where she was going with this. I glanced at her and saw the pain on her face as she tried to talk about her thoughts.

"I don't think I'm the same person as I was when I dated Sam. I've changed, preferences change," she shrugged.

I approached the topic carefully, the last thing I wanted to do was upset Leah. "You don't feel the same way about Sam anymore?"

"I don't feel the same way about any of the boys I've dated. I don't find any of them attractive anymore, it's quite the opposite really," she admitted and I finally put it together what she was trying to tell me.

"You don't find guys attractive, so you're into girls?" I questioned. Leah blushed. "Why didn't you talk to me about this before?"

"I had some things to work through myself and with everyone in the pack mind, it's just been easier to keep it to myself. Seth doesn't know," she admitted.

That put it into perspective. I knew she was hiding something. Hence her trying to avoid phasing with everyone else and all the thinking about geography homework when she was. I assured her that she could talk to me about anything and I tried to get her to talk to Seth about it but I understood how uneasy she was with this new part of herself that she's just beginning to discover.

We popped to the store before we got the take-away, getting some more snacks, chocolate and tortilla chips. We headed back to the house and pigged out. For the first time Bella out did me with the number of snacks she ate. Apparently, I buy the best tortilla chips ever.

s