Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Bella's POV –

I gulped down the final drop of blood out of the glass. I had drunk 3 glasses this morning and I wanted to drink more to have enough energy for today. It was Saturday, June 15th. Masen and Rosa were one year old today. As I walked up stairs I poked my head around Masen's door to see him how I left him last night all tucked up, except his sister had snuggled in beside him. Although they were only one they didn't look it, or act it. They took the physic of old nine year olds, however, they were mentally able to complete simple mental maths problems and short comprehensions. It was had to look back on the days where they seemed so young and innocent where they had only begun to walk and just started to learn the alphabet.

The year has flown in, it felt like I had only turned 18 yesterday – the day Edward proposed and we made the twins, I blushed at the thought. Then Scarlett came along and she has been like my sister. Christmas was a small do with only Charlie and Sue before we left and came here to start our new life four months ago. I can remember all the not so good stuff too, like when Edward and I weren't together and his agony over his mother's death and his upset over her year anniversary a few months back.

I soon felt a pair of strong arms around my waist, before they rested on my quickly growing stomach. He breathed against my neck making me shiver.

"They're so big, where has the time gone?" he spoke, expressing the thoughts in my head in words.

"I know, that's just what I was thinking," I sighed.

"We should make him breakfast," Edward smiled.

"Yeah," I agreed.

Just then the bathroom door opened and Scarlett came out fully dressed with wet hair. She smiled at us and said good morning.

"Hey, you're up early," Edward chuckled.

"Yeah," she beamed.

Today was the day she would get to see Jacob. As he was coming to the kids' birthday party. Scarlett has been talking to him on the phone every night at 7pm. She's been a lot happier since. He hasn't gone home yet but he was staying in a hotel in Pennsylvania. Edward said that since he checked in at the hotel he hasn't phased much because he doesn't want the others to know where he is. However, they have both seen into Leah's mind and she was thinking about going back to La Push.

We went down and made Masen and Rosa scrambled eggs, bacon, beans and toast for his breakfast. When we woke the pair of them Masen was bright eyed, which he took after me, whereas Rosa was groggy and grumpy, like her father. Once she remembered what day it was she smirked and we gave them their food. Edward and Masen watched their favourite movie together while Rosa showered in the family bathroom and I did the same in our ensuite. I pulled on my skinny's and a pink flowing, baggy top so I could move around comfortably with my ever-growing bump. I was getting bigger every day. This pregnancy was far quicker compared to the twims normal one. I have only been pregnant for around three months but I look as if I was about to pop. Once I was fully dressed Edward took Masen to get ready just before Alice turned up to help me decorate. Soon we had balloons, streamers and ribbons hanging from around the house.

Masen came down with Edward. Masen was wearing a blue, pink and orange checked shirt, a pair of sleek denim jeans and blue canvas' that we had got him for his birthday. His sister wore brown skinny jeans and a white t-shirt under a cute little denim shirt. Edward was wearing a plain white t-shirt which clung to his shoulder and back muscles perfectly. He has brown shorts on which was darker than his skin. He looked so sexy. I just wanted to jump him but I couldn't because my whole family had just arrived and it was probably only my hormones playing up. I still hadn't moved from staring at him and he noticed this. He came over and wrapped his arms around my waist.