Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Edward's POV –

I woke up to the sun shining through the light linen curtains. I could see the slight glow radiating from Bella's skin which no human would ever be able to notice. She must have gotten warm again last night because she was in one of my t-shirts. I loved it when she wore my clothes because she looked better in them than I did. The top clung to her growing stomach. It was beautiful to witness the life that we had created together blooming inside her. At the start, I was scared because we couldn't see the baby. It made me wonder if it was there but Carlisle could hear her thoughts and thinking back to the twin's pregnancy helped ease my mind. We didn't know how he would turn out, but it seems they have the balance just right. They have all the good things that come with being a vampire, speed and strength but they don't have a huge thirst for blood. One hunt a month is only necessary to keep his strength and speed up. Everyone knew that this baby would be more vampire than Masen and Rosa because it was growing so much fasters than our little ones did.

I lifted my left hand and placed it on the bump. I trailed random kisses on her stomach and sides. I loved how Bella smelled - honeysuckle and vanilla. I took in a breath through my nose. Her scent changes slightly when she is pregnant. It becomes sweeter, it's beautiful.

"Morning," Bella spoke, startling me a little bit. I didn't realise she was awake.

"Good morning beautiful," I mumbled against her side.

I lifted my left arm and placed it on the other side of her body, using the strength in my arms to lift me to be level with her face. I kissed her forehead after brushing her hair of her face.

"Big day today," Bella reminded.

"Yeah," I smiled. "I can't wait to be graduated. Then we can just enjoy the summer before collage next fall."

"I think she'll be on her way soon," Bella sighed in contentment, rubbing her stomach.

"Really? How do you know?" I asked.

"Because I feel like I did just before the twins were born, I just want to lie here all day and drink more blood," she told me.

"Well once we get today by us I'll lie here with you all day everyday if you like," I smiled. I bowed my head and kissed her lips softly showing her how much I loved her.

We lay beside each other for a few minutes, before we heard whispers and shuffling feet outside our door. It was probably Masen and Rosa. The door opened and in they came with a tray with food on it. Jacob and Scarlett stood beside him with the rest. Jacob hadn't left yet and Jasper said he could spend a few more days here.

"Daddy, I helped make you breakfast," Masen beamed.

"Well, that was nice," I said sitting up.

"Mummy, I made yours!" Rosa exclaimed.

"Yeah and Jake has the tea," Mason informed us.

Once they had given us our food, Jacob and Scarlett left and the kids stayed with us.

"You're going somewhere very special later tonight," Bella told Masen and Rosa.

"Where?" Masen asked confused.

"To see Mommy and Daddy graduate high school," she replied.

"Oh, that's fun," Rosa said.

"Yeah, but you need to be good boys and girls and stay with Carlisle and Esme okay?" I informed him. They both understood, although it was always important to make sure as they hadn't been in the public eye that many times.