Chapter 57

Chapter 57

Edward's POV -

"So, how was soccer today?" I asked Rosa as she threw her fit bag in the backseat before she slid into the passenger seat beside me.

"Yeah it was great," she smiled. "You know Garcia said I night be able to make the bench for the next match to get some first team minutes before I have my debut," she announced.

"Accept Jaida said she'd help me out with homework after school but she went off to the bowling alley with her ugly boyfriend," Rosa complained banging the door of my car shut loudly.

"Hey, take it easy," I scolded. "Why didn't you go?"

"What, to sit with her bunch of loser friends? They're all asses," Rosa cussed.

"What's gotten into you today? Don't let your mother hear you speaking like that," I warned.

Jaida must have really ticked her off because it wasn't in Rosa's nature to swear and act out. It wasn't in her nature to be stroppy at all really. Perhaps it's just that time of the month and it's unavoidable. It was a regular occurrence for her mood to dip slightly when the she experienced her girl time, as she referred to it. It was a very traumatic ordeal all in all when she had taken her period for the first time because Bella didn't really know what to do or say to her. Luckily she received a phone call from Alice who prepped her a little but a distraught Rosa didn't care for Bella's consoling words - she thought she was dying.

I had to pick Nessie up from Charlie's on the way home as she often spent the day there and the ride was rather quiet. It was normally the case. Rosa was a little like Charlie that way, she didn't need to fill every silence with a pointless conversation and she would rather just sit contently with her thoughts. It seemed she was thinking along the same lines as me as she spoke up. "What's for dinner tonight dad?" She asked, pulling a packet of crisps out of her backpack.

"I think your mum is making tacos," I told her, a smile formed on the corner of Rosa's lips - it was one of her favourite meals."

-

It turned out that dinner was a great hit with everyone not just Rosa, who by the way cleared 3 portions. It was the guys turn to clean the kitchen up after supper tonight as the girls had done it last night - chores were best shared and enjoyed. And this way the kids didn't fret about doing them.

"It's nice here dad, you know," Masen sighed as we were just finishing up the dishes. "I enjoy spending time on the Rez, and it's great to see so much of Charlie."

I smiled, Bella and I had this discussion. It was nice to watch the kids' relationship with Charlie grow because the twins didn't get to remember much of him from their short childhood and Sue was also great with them.

"I'm glad you enjoy it kid, I hope we can stay here for a while," I confessed. My new job was going really well. The hospital on the Rez was small and my efforts had already been noticed by my higher colleagues. Having medical experience within the tribe was also a great value.

"Dad?" Masen asked very carefully as he lent against the kitchen worktop after a peaceful silence.

"Yes buddy?" I asked him.

"I think Rosa is having some trouble at school," he treaded.

I couldn't quite place where this was going. The pair of them seemed to like school and neither of them brought anything to the attention of Bella or myself, something they had been good at normally. I looked at Masen encouraging him to continue. I really didn't see this coming.

"She's been acting really strange, distancing herself from me and even her friends. She doesn't often associate with me at school or even at home she doesn't talk to me. Maybe I just haven't adjusted to her not being beside me every minute of everyday anymore. I don't know what's going on. I miss her."

I hadn't realised the space between the pair of them but now Masen had brought it to my attention she did often disappear after dinner. The pair of them didn't seem so much like a pair anymore. I couldn't put my finger on it nor did I know what to tell him.

"It'll be okay bud, she'll come round," I told home.

Hopefully, I though.