Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Edward's POV –

"Come on Edward, you have to get up," Bella shouted in my ear.

"Go away," I mumbled into the pillow.

"Come on, you'll get used to it soon," Bella assured me, shaking my shoulders to wake me.

It was the start of our second week at Jefferson High School. It wasn't too bad, accept for the early mornings. They were killing me. It was so hard to get up in the mornings, and by the time we got home I was exhausted. Usually we would take Masen over to Esme in the main house around eight thirty, we had breakfast over there and we all left from there. We were seniors except for Alice and Scarlett. We were well into the semester and I had quite a few classes with Bella; history, calculus, biology and English.

I dragged myself from the bed and into the shower. After I finished in the shower, brushed my teeth and pulled on trousers. I cross the hall shirtless to get a top, bumping into Scarlett on the way. She hasn't been coping very well. She has been staying here with us. Jasper is upset but he knows she needs space to deal with things. At least at school she keeps her head down. She has made a few friends but they are weird. I guess that's hypocritical coming from me and my family but they are. They don't speak much but I guess Scarlett doesn't either. I would have to check in with the pack later to see how things were back there.

I got into the car and was joined by Bella, the kids and Scarlett. The twins both understood that we were going to school and they stayed with Esme. They tried to teach them some basic stuff but I don't think he is quite ready for that yet.

We got to school on time as usual and sat in the canteen until the bell rang. The day went in slowly but my classes with Bella were fine. I quite enjoyed school now that everything was back to normal. Biology had a lot of links to medicine and I was thoroughly interested in it. Carlisle had been showing me some of his medical equipment since we got here. Finally, it was lunch and we gathered in our usual spot in the canteen. Except for Scarlett. I hadn't seen her a break.

"Has anyone seen Scarlett?" Alice asked.

"I was just wondering that myself," I confessed.

"Last time I seen her was passing her in the corridor, she went to the toilets," Rosalie explained.

"What time?" Bella wondered.

"Before break," Rosalie informed.

"I have to find her," Jasper spoke worriedly.

"Wait Jas," Alice said hurriedly. "We'll find her, let us do it."

"I have to Alice," Jasper was pained.

"Let me and Bella look for her," I reckoned.

"That's a good idea," Emmett acknowledged.

"Okay," Jas mumbled.

Off Bella and I trotted to look for her. Everyone knew her timetable well so I checked all the classes she should have been in while Bella check all the girls' toilets.

"Any luck?" I asked when we came back to square one.

"Nope," Bella grunted.

"Okay, well get everyone else to look for her, I'll check the forest," I insisted.

"Okay, but be careful," she warned.

"I'll be okay," I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and took off outside.

Once I was far enough into the forest that no one would see me phase I stripped out of my clothes and tied them to the leather string around my ankle. Then I let the heat take over my body. When I phased I heard everyone from La Push in my head. Seth was the strongest voice as he was the appointed Alpha. It was chaotic.