Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Edward's POV –

I have never stumbled across the disorganised patterns of unconscious creativity that happen to make appearances in the simple paintwork on my bedroom wall before. I have been taken aback at these simple swirls, twirls and different little flicks that have made their way quietly into the decoration of my bedroom. Well perhaps I should say my old bedroom.

In exactly 6 hours 23 minutes I will be boarding my flight to Seattle on the first leg of my journey to Forks. Oh rainy Forks. It is here that my Mother escaped with me when I was only 12 years old when my father decided to hide so many of his secrets. My mother and myself have lived in Phoenix ever since. My mother remarried to a guy named Phil 2 years ago. Now, I have taken it upon myself to move back. My mother has given up so much for me, after having me at the early age of 19. Phil travels with his baseball team and being away from him makes her unhappy. She never gets the chance to travel with him as I'm always her main priority.

I have always felt the tightly knotted bond between me and my mother. She has been my rock since we left my father. And it has affected her so much, although she would never admit that to herself or anyone else for that matter. I have always stuck by her side and tried my very best to fill the gap my father's absence had left in her life but that was never as easy as that. Now Phil had done that nicely and I only had one more thing to do, go back to Forks so she wasn't tied down here for the rest of her life.

It will be hard for me to do as I know she will miss me deeply but I feel strongly that this will be the right decision. Now all I need to do is ensure I go through with it.

My father and I do not have an awful relationship, but more of an awkward one. A very awkward one indeed. That's another reason why I think this move will be a good one. Perhaps I can patch the relationship up with my dad and I may be able to get some of the answers that he has been hiding for all these years.

~

My flight was a very uncomfortable one. There was a large man on my left who snored ridiculously loudly and every so often I would feel his head fall onto my shoulder. And an old woman to my right who consistently watched what I was doing on my phone. It was safe to say my flight wasn't every satisfactory. I finally arrived in Seattle at 7am. After an uncomfortable flight I welcomed the easy hour journey in a smaller plane to Port Angeles with open arms. Lord behold I might find the 45-minute drive to Forks with Charlie an event to look forward to!

I found myself dozing on and off during the shaky ride in the small plane. It felt as if I was asleep for thirty minutes, although in reality, it was only three. I had no sense of time keeping what so ever and because of this I found it a very long, very boring flight indeed.

Charlie was waiting for me at the airport ready to make our way home. Well what would soon become home away. Charlie had bought me a sandwich. I didn't know I was hungry until I laid my eyes on it.

"Hello son!" Charlie greeted me warmly, with an awkward one-armed hug.

"Hi dad." I replied smoothly. Using the term dad was something I found quite foreign and it would take me some time to grow accustomed to it again

"How was your journey?" He questioned, avoiding rushing individuals all around us with large backpacks and heavy luggage trolleys.

"Cramped and slow," I mumbled through a mouthful of sandwich. After finishing my sandwich, we collected my luggage of the conveyor and headed to the cruiser.

I did not think of that.

Charlie is 'Police Chief Swan' to the good people of Forks. And I would much prefer not to be driving around town in an automobile with red and blue lights. I made a mental note to use some of my college savings to purchase a car of some sort.

"I got you enrolled" Charlie stated, keeping his eyes firmly on the road ahead.

"In Forks or La Push?" I questioned, wondering if I would be attending school with my cousin Jacob.

"La Push, you don't mind the small journey do you?" asked Charlie, a little hope in his voice.

"No, I don't mind," I amended.

Hopefully I'd have enough time to pick a car up before school on Monday, I'd have three days. When Charlie and I arrived home it was around 9am. Charlie helped me take my luggage inside as it started to rain. I made a mental note to pick up some now clothes as my thin Phoenix outfits wouldn't keep me warm here in forks.

I ushered my belongings upstairs to my room and decided to take a short nap before starting my new life here.

,nullKXTr�˼