Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Edward's POV –

I woke up in my own bed for once. It was the morning of Bella's birthday. Tonight I would ask her to marry me. I was very nervous about it. Charlie liked the idea of welcoming Bella into the family as a daughter in law. Rosalie and Emmett had both seen the ring and Rose nearly had a fit – she loved it. I hoped Bella did too. I heaved myself of the bed and got changed. I decided to wear some skinny jeans and a white V-neck t-shirt. I wore red canvas shoes with it, spraying some of my cologne. Charlie came over to the Cullen's house with me as he had got Bella a birthday present. He got her a gift card for a day of pampering, which she'd be doing today while I prepared everything.

We arrived at her house shortly after one o'clock. Everyone knew what was going on except her. I had told everyone that she wasn't allowed any alcohol until we got to the res.

"Oh, you actually put some clothes on today," Alice speculated. She was insulted daily by my lack of clothing and she was appalled by my attraction to cut offs and no shirt.

Esme made me, Bella, Charlie Scarlett and Jacob some lunch. Esme's food is always amazing. Charlie was gobsmacked with she succulent home cooked ham and lettuce in the crispy baguette. Bella and I had been hunting yesterday. As always I was amazed by the sheer beauty she displayed while feeding. Bella received her gifts, except for mine. I explained that her birthday present from me was at La Push and I excused myself to go and get it set up. In reality, I went to the beach and prepared it for my proposal that would take place here in a few hours.

I arrived back at the house at four pm. Bella had changed into light denim shorts, a red and blue shirt and white canvas'. Her hair and make-up was natural - just the way I liked it. The whole family took 3 cars, myself and Bella took mine. We arrived at Jacob's house and my nerves got even worse.

"Come take a walk with me?" I asked Bella.

"Okay," she agreed.

We made our way to the beach and she spotted the thin trail of rose petals leading to the water's edge. I had constructed a small gazebo and had placed two deck chairs beside a small table. It was quite a mild night, with no wind which allowed the small tea light candles to stay alight. I had bought her a box of exquisite chocolates. I helped her into one of the deck chairs. I took the other. As I was sitting I skimmed my pocket with my fingertips ensuring the small leather box was still there.

I handed her the box of chocolates and she opened them. We took turns placing them in each other's mouths. I opened the bottle of expensive champagne. Once we had finished the chocolates I stood up. I placed a small kiss on her forehead and gave her a big smile. Then I got down on one knee, pulling the box out as I did this. Bella's eyes had a slight glimmer.

" Bella Cullen, I promise to love you every moment of forever, would you do the extraordinary honour of marrying me?" I pledged.

"Yes," she murmured.

That one little word made me the happiest man alive. I look her soft, small left hand and placed the beautiful ring on her fourth finger giving it a home. It looked great there. I gave he a huge smile I picked her up and spun her around. I kissed her with more passion than I have ever kissed her with before. I set her feet back on the grown and just embraced her for a few moments. Then we happily made our way back to Jacobs.

Everyone cheered as we entered and Bella's family engulfed her. Everyone was there, packed into the Black's small living room. The Tribe Elders, the whole pack, and Bella's whole family. It was nice to see everyone together despite their differences. I went outside with Leah and Jacob as everyone began their congratulations and began to celebrate.

Jared had hired a bouncy castle and Paul had bought a pool. There was some alcohol here but it wasn't the type of party where everyone was smashed, it was just a few casual drinks to celebrate Bella and everyone was enjoying themselves. I grabbed Bella and ran for the bouncy castle.

"Having a good party, soon to be Mrs. Swan?" I asked.

"Yes. It has been brilliant!" Bella exclaimed.

We messed around on the bouncy castle for a while, then we just lay down.

"You know, you are the biggest cheese-ball ever," Bella said.

"Is that so?" I responded.

"Yeah. It was all very sweet," she continued teasing.

"Oh was it now?" I continued. Then I rolled over and started tickling her sides. She wiggled and laughed. I stopped and looked into her beautiful brown eyes.

"I love you," I told her.

"I love you" Bella replied.

I bowed my head kissing her. She kissed back with a lot of passion. If tonight was the night it was going to happen, I wanted it to be perfect. I pulled back breathless.

"Let's go back to mine," I suggested.

We got a taxi and went back to Forks. I allowed Bella to jump on my back and I give her a piggyback upstairs. I set her down on the bed. She made her way to the top and I joined her. Then we were kissing again. Everything went so fast. She started grabbing handfuls of my clothes trying to get them out of the way. I grabbed her hand as it clasped at the collar of my shirt.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

"Yes," Bella moaned in need.

"You're sure you're ready?" I clarified.

She nodded.

"If I hurt you tell me right away," I declared.

I got my answer to that by Bella pulling my neck down so my lips could reach hers. I let myself go. She needed this just as much as I did. She undid my belt and pushed my trousers down with her little feet. This was it I couldn't stop now. She shrugged out of her shirt and kicked of her shoes. I undid her button on her shorts and helped her shimmy out of them. I undid her bra at the back and she let it fall. Bella scooted out of her panties as I out of my boxers, I gave her one last questioning look and she nodded, she let out a small whimper.

"It's okay. It's meant to hurt. I'll be okay in a sec," she vowed.

After a few minutes, we were moving together, both out bodies as one. I placed gentle kisses on her neck and she moaned in satisfaction. I placed another loving kiss on her forehead as we continued into the night in total bliss.