Chapter. 44

Chapter 44

Bella's POV –

"Bells, grab that box. It has the little one's essentials in it," my mom told me smiling sadly.

When we got back to the house, late last night my vampire family used the superhuman abilities and packed everything quickly and quietly leaving us to sleep. It's been a hard few hours as we woke and made the final preparations to leave, I was a sobering mess. This meant the Masen wasn't baring up too well. I knew Edward was more upset than he let on but he knew that he had Sue and there was plenty of possibility that we could come back and live here letting Charlie have precious time with his grandchildren. Scarlett was at the rez with Jacob, saying her final goodbyes to him and his family. Edward and I would be following suit as after we finished up here we were off to say goodbye to Charlie.

"Here," I passed the brown box to my mother who put it in the white moving van.

A few minutes later everything we would need was packed up and Edward took the kids to the car and strapped them to head off to Charlie's.

"It's going to be okay sweetheart," Rosalie promised me. "You guys can come back in a couple of years and live a life here."

I nodded, I knew she was right.

The trip to Charlie's was emotional. Edward popped upstairs and brought a few of his things that were still here down in a brown box. There were a few photos of him and his mum and dad before they separated and a few of him and her before she passed. He also had some of their family heirlooms which he wanted to bring along. The whole situation was too much for Masen so I sat in the car while he phased and said goodbye to everyone he could in wolf form. A few tears stained his face when he got back.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he sighed. "Leah wasn't phased though. I didn't get to say goodbye."

I knew how much Edward missed Leah. She was a good friend to him in the beginning and they helped each other equally, it must have been hard for him to fathom leaving without saying goodbye to one of his good friends.

The journey to our new home in Jefferson, New Hampshire would talk roughly two days. The thought of spending two days in the car with two small children terrified me if I was being honest. It's safe to say there has been a lot of planning that went into the move. It was decided that it would be best to tank on and not stop anywhere overnight. The vampires could drive throughout the night and myself, Edward and the kids would space out throughout a few cars during the journey. Breaks were scheduled every hour hours to allow everyone to stretch their legs and give the kids some time out of the car.

The first leg of the trip was long and sad. Carlisle was the first one to ride with us. He taught us on the facilities in Jefferson and taught us about the education system. I had been thinking a lot on how I wanted to pursue a career. I enjoyed music and art. Edward knew about my artistic flare and was very supportive of it. I decided that while in school I would join art class and a contemporary dance club to give myself some hobbies. Edward is very interested in the work that Carlisle does in the hospital and I think he is genuinely interested in working a different sector of work rather than mechanics.

The twin's future had come up a few times. Their accelerated growth meant they looked to be small five year olds, when he wasn't even one yet, however their birthday would be in a few months. Carlisle theorized that their acceleration would slow to a complete halt around the physical age of seventeen – that meant they were just under a third of the way complete.

After 3 breaks and a lot of discomfort later we were approaching the half way point of our first day and Edward and I decided it would be best if he took Masen with him in another car with Jasper, perhaps then he would be calm enough to sleep through the night. I agreed.