Chapter 3: Gambling and A Fox

In the courtyard, the smoke rose up in green wisps in the agarwood furnace, and there was the light smell of Handan in the air.

“…We, the fox clan, isn’t a clan who doesn’t know any gratitude, so Lin Lang is willing to serve the lords for the rest of her life.” Bai Ling held his chopsticks in one hand, and had already learned Lin Lang’s voice and accents, mimicking perfectly, “Our fox clan is loyal to our partner and hope that the two lords respect and follow our customs.” After she said this, she stopped and looked at Yu Mo expectantly.

Yu Mo laughed, and asked, “Aren’t you afraid that we already have a group of concubines?”

“That would be fine as well. As long as they all die, then there’s only me left, isn’t that right?” After Bai Ling finished speaking, she slapped the table, and said angrily, “It’s just a fox clan, right? What’s so special about that? She even dares to come here and boast!”

“But speaking of that, the people born in the fox clan are very pretty, and they are also really arrogant, so this was pretty much inevitable. Plus, this is something you should be doing, as a mountain lord, so what are you complaining about?” Yuan Dan patted Dan Shu lovingly, who was fighting to keep his eyes open. “If you want to sleep, then sleep. Stop yawning and trying to stay awake.”

Bai Ling got even more angry, and pointed to the three-tailed fox’s nose, “Men are all the same! Playboys, weak, and guilty!”

Yuan Dan was still petting the drooling Dan Shu, “Wake up.”

After ZiLin snorted lightly, Bai Ling immediately retracted his hand, Yuan Dan stopped petting Dan Shu, and DanShu woke up with a jerk, drool flying everywhere, “What’s happening, what’s happening?” Only YanDan was still looking down, undisturbed, and was dealing food to everybody, completely spaced out.

Bai Ling couldn’t help it, and spoke softly, “YanDan, if you say something, then the mountain lord will definitely listen to you.”

YanDan picked up a towel, wiped her hands clean, moved towards YuMo, and emotionally called out, “Master!”

ZiLin snorted out some wine out of his mouth, and hurriedly wiped it.

Yu Mo lightly shook her finger, and smiled, “YanDan.”

“Master, I, the concubine, have no other request, but to stay forever by your side. But that fox clan lady is a hundred times prettier than me, and I’m going to get embarrassed. As long as the Master is happy, I am willing to never embarrass the lord again.”

YuMo slowly held her hand, and said warmly, “Since you are so sincere, how can I refuse you?”

YanDan chuckled lightly, and turned to face Bai Ling, “The mountain lord has already said that he won’t be willing to kill us because of that fox clan lady.”

Bai Ling muttered in her head, “Why can’t you speak a little nicer, it must be so difficult for the lords to cooperate with you. The mountain lord sure is nice…”

Suddenly, ZiLin asked, “YanDan, since you’re so capable, do you have any ideas as for how we should subdue the fox clan people?”

“ZiLin, you’re making it difficult for her,” YuMo smiled and looked at YanDan, “To be honest, Lin Lang relies a lot on her beauty, and I know that you wouldn’t let her win. It’s just that the fox clan is extremely arrogant, and wouldn’t be okay with a simple ‘later’, so can you think of some ideas?”

YanDan looked at him, pronouncing each word clearly, “Why would I do such boring things?”

YuMo’s finger moved, asking, “Did you guys all forget what the Lotus said earlier?” *Lotus refers to YanDan, because she’s a lotus demon.*