Chapter 13: Two Shen Sisters

Master Shen coughed and the paleness of his face faded away quickly, "This is my eldest daughter, Yijun. This childe is Tang Zhou and that lady is YanDan."

Shen Yijun walked to the table and glared at Tang Zhou, "So it was you? What were you doing sneaking around my house?"

YanDan was very envious, if only she could talk to Tang Zhou in such an arrogant manner.

Master Shen immediately tried to smooth everything out, "Yijun, Tang Zhou is a guest, how could you say things like that?"

Tang Zhou replied lightly, "Last night, I heard someone crying last night and thought that it sounded very familiar, so I went and checked. Turns out, it was Ling Xuzi making those sounds.

Master Shen looked at his eldest daughter, and said angrily, "Now that Tang Zhou has made everything clear, can you relax now?"

YanDan looked at Master Shen, and then Shen Yijun, thinking that something was off, but couldn't quite place her finger on what it was. Suddenly, Shen Yijun looked over, with a fierce expression, "My Shen family doesn't have anything else to entertain you two, so why don't you leave as soon as possible."

Master Shen stomped his foot in anger, "Shut up! You're... really driving me mad!"

Shen Yijun looked at him coldly before the corner of her mouth twitched, revealing a strange smile before she walked out of the hall.

YanDan propped up her chin, leaned over, and asked quietly, "Tang Zhou, what did you do yesterday to Miss Yijun to make her so mad?

He glanced at her but didn't speak.

Master Shen's face was both red and white, but he managed to force a smile, "I'm... I'm really sorry for this." He clasped his hands together and tried to explain, "Yijun was always a withdrawn child, and she has always been very cold towards people. It's all my fault for not teaching her correctly."

Tang Zhou smiled slightly, "It's alright, but I think it's time to talk business. The best time to exorcise ghosts would be noon when the yang energy is at its peak. From now to noon, make sure to not allow anyone near the courtyard."

Master Shen nodded, "Is there anything else you need? I could get my men to quickly prepare it."

Tang Zhou replied lightly, "As long as my junior disciple helps me, it's enough."

YanDan immediately looked up at him. Half of her magic was already blocked and the rest is extremely precious, so she couldn't waste it on something like this.

The two of them went back and toured the courtyard. They didn't see anyone at all, which means that Master Shen probably told them to stay away. Tang Zhou suddenly asked, "Do you usually buy flowers on weekdays?"

YanDan looked at him with a choked expression, "Why? Because you saw the ghost planting flowers last night? The revengeful energy here is very weak, it's not possible for them to turn into ghosts. Also, I would never do those things that mortal women do that hurt the spring or fall plants."

Tang Zhou said likely, "The flowers were planted by a man. If a girl did it, I obviously wouldn't ask you."

YanDan immediately heard the underhand insult and whispered back, "Since you're a man, why don't you ask yourself..." She walked two steps and suddenly asked, "Could it be Master Shen?"

Tang Zhou quietly hummed.

YanDan waved her fingers, "I'm going to give you two options right now. First, from now on, no matter what you see, act like you didn't see it and then leave right after you got rid of the ghosts. This is the most convenient and the safest.