Chapter 11: The Wealthy Shen Shopkeeper

A young girl in snow-white clothes stood outside, tilting her head slightly and wearing a playful expression. A brightly colored parrot stood on her shoulder, pecking lovingly at her earrings.

YanDan couldn't help asking, "How did you get here?"

The girl raised her hand to pet the parrot, "It told me, this bird is the smartest in the entire world, and it knows everything."

Tang Zhou's kept on thinking and thinking, but couldn't tell if the girl was pretending to be stupid, or is telling the truth.

The girl turned around, walked a couple of steps to see that they weren't following her, turning around and waving her hand, "Hurry up, the bird will bring us out of here." As she walked, the parrot whispered into her ears, sometimes the girl laughed, and sometimes the girl got angry, but she never stopped walking. While walking, she unlocked the mechanism and started walking even faster.

They made a couple of turns in the tunnel, and the surroundings became brighter. It turned out to be another hole from the grave. It was already evening, which meant that they'd already spent a whole day and night in the cemetery. YanDan walked closer, laughing a little, "Did the bird tell you who shut us into that place?"

The girl turned around, her smile like blooming flowers, "The birds know everything, and they'll obviously tell me. The birds say that it was a beautiful person with a snake heart, she was rescued by some people yet still wanted to take revenge."

YanDan was speechless, locking gazes with Tang Zhou, who continued, "Why would she do that?"

The girl tilted her head as if listening to what the parrot was saying. The parrot croaked twice, so that girl said, "He said that, because the beautiful girl and ugly boy were really good, they were able to see the boy's secret, so she shut you in there, never able to tell others the secret."

"Secret...?" YanDan couldn't help but repeat quietly.

Tao Ziqi was probably one of the Lord of Heaven's helpers, which had a big possibility.

"Miss, Miss why did you come here again?" The woman they'd seen earlier at the chaotic grave rushed over, panting from exhaustion, "You really don't want to give others a moment of a break, don't you. I didn't look at you for a moment and you're already gone!" She shook off the cloak and put it around the girl, looking at Tang Zhou and YanDan, "Thank you so much for taking care of my family, would you like to come to our home and rest there?"

Tang Zhou immediately refused, "We didn't help that much, so we shouldn't go and disturb you guys."

The woman nodded, having a heavy expression, "That works as well, our Shen family has been quite involved in this ghost thing. Earlier, there was a bull named Ling XuZi who said that he would exorcise the ghosts, but he just ran to our house, acting like an absolute maniac."

Tang Zhou thought a little, "I am also a cultivator of the martial arts, and would it be allowed if I go and look for a second?"

The woman looked at him and hesitated a little as if thinking that he was a little bit too young, but in the end, she agreed.

When the girl heard that they were going to her home, she was even happier, pestering them by saying random things. The woman watched from the side and sighed, "This really is a crime, the eldest sister isn't well, can't go out of the house, yet the second sister doesn't understand. I feel so bad for our master, having such a stupid daughter..."

The wealthy Shen family is pretty well known throughout QingShi town. Their huge mansion was built near the outskirts of the town and there were two statues guarding the front entrance to the mansion.