Chapter 5: The Hero, Tang Zhou

YuMo slowly stood up, YanDan behind him, and closed his eyes. When he opened them, they were a fiery red.

The young man shifted his weight to one foot, and floated down to where the two people were, holding a sword.

Suddenly, a black and white demon energy appeared, wrapping around the sword tightly.

YuMo raised his hand, a wave of demonic energy rose around him, his pupils turning several different colors at once. There's not many people who have powers stronger than his, so there honestly wasn't much of a competition between him and a mortal.

Suddenly, a sword of light pierced through the demonic energy and penetrated his chest. YuMo felt blood rushing out and all sounds became dim. He hurriedly pulled YanDan, jumping off the boat, "Go!' Suddenly, waves started rising up, and it morphed into a dragon of some kind, raising his dragon head high and smelling the air, looking for something to eat.

The young man unhurriedly took out a talisman paper from his sleeves, waved his fingers, and chanted, "Break!"

The giant dragon dissolved into countless beads of water droplets, falling on the deck and making a ticking sound, as if it was raining.

He raised his hands, put his sword back into the scabbard, ready to charge, but suddenly something tightened around his foot, and he was tightly held in place. In the hole in the ship, river water started pouring in, dampening the hem of his clothes.

Zhou ShiMing hugged his feet, his body of white fat trembling viciously, "Hero, please don't leave, please save me quickly, I don't want to be eaten by that scary monster..."

His eyebrows furrowed and looked at the white fatty, "The monster already left."

"Nononono, they are definitely going to come back, and eat all of my flesh, please save me hero..."

The young man looked around, the monster already left to who-knows-where, and kicked him, "Get out."

YuMo stumbled onshore, staggering, and spit out a mouthful of blood. He laid down on the river bank, closing his eyes and rested.

YanDan sat at his side, only to see his face color white, the side of his lip speckled with blood, every now and then coughing, his hand placed on the wound, "YuMo, how are you? You okay?"

YuMo suddenly sat up, one hand holding the ground, and then started coughing viciously. YanDan was startled, immediately patting his back, asking, "Are you alright? Is it serious?"

YuMo stopped coughing immediately, and collapsed against YanDan.

YanDan hugged him, not daring to move, feeling anxious in her heart, "YuMo, you've got to hold on, you must not die..." After a long time, she felt YuMo move a little, speaking weakly, "Isn't it a little too early to be sad?" His face color still wasn't the best, but there was already a hint of color.

YanDan said coldly, "Master."

YuMo replied, "Lotus."

YanDan spoke frostily, "Please forgive the concubine for not being able to send off the master. Please don't blame me."

YuMo looked at her, replying seriously, "Lotus is so affectionate, looks like she can only repay in the next life." After saying this, he couldn't help laughing.

YanDan also laughed, still a little bit worried, saying slowly, "That hero is pretty powerful, even you aren't his opponent, not to mention me."

YuMo hummed lazily, saying softly, "It's not surprising. His soul is so clean and pure, in order to be this powerful. In all three worlds, the most powerful isn't the Celestial Lord, nor is it the demon that got destroyed back in ancient times, it was the ones with the purest of souls. Demonic magic is definitely not pure enough."