muse ✎ 수빈

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [   ]

"one hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows please

"one hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows please."

the cashier smiled brightly as she rung up the order. "coming right up! what name will it be under?"

"soobin."

"that'll be £2.50 please."

soobin paid for his order and made his way to the collection section. when his drink was ready he took it from the batista and found an empty table to sit in a quiet corner.

once he was comfortable, he pulled his sketchbook out of his bag and his pencil and he looked around the almost empty coffee shop for some sort of inspiration.

it was pretty difficult since it was seven in the evening on a sunday. all soobin could see was a few empty tables, tired baristas and university students working away on their expensive laptops.

from a young age, soobin always loved art. he loved every aspect of it. all he ever did was paint and draw despite the fact that it made him no money. he didn't care. he was happy even if his father constantly told him art was a pointless university degree.

soobin didn't care. his father always told him that he should just work in his company but soobin would always refuse.

long hours strapped to a swivel chair, starting at the bright screen of a laptop and answering endless calls wasn't something soobin wanted to be stuck doing for the rest of his life. he would much rather paint or draw.

at that precise moment, a young woman walked inside the coffee shop and made her way to the counter. she smiled at the chasier and soobin was sure the room lit just because of her sweet smile.

at long last, soobin finally found it.

well, he found her.

his inspiration.

soobin made a start on his first drawing of the day. he had no problem drawing someone who wasn't exactly looking at him or sat still. he could visualise her face in his head. her hair, defined eyebrows, innocent eyes, perfect nose and soft lips.

in his eyes, she was beautiful.

she may seem like a normal woman you would see but to soobin...she was different. there was something about her that drew him in.

soobin ignored the pain in his wrist as his hand moved quickly across the page. he wanted to do just a rough sketch so when he returned home he could do a bigger version with oil paints on his new easel.

when soobin finished his sketch, he picked his drink up and he was surprised that it was empty.

he didn't even realise he drank it.

soobin looked for the girl to see that the girl he was sketching was sat a few tables in front of him reading a book. she would occasionally push her hair back.

soobin shoved his sketchbook in his bag and stood up. he grabbed his trash and threw it away before leaving the coffee shop.

what soobin didn't realise is that his sketchbook fell out of his bag and landed on the ground.

you, who happened to witness the book fall out of the bag, quickly stood up grabbed it.

you abandoned your drink, book and your bag and rushed out of the coffee shop and looked around for the boy who owned the book.

you saw no sign of the boy and looked down at the sketchbook to see if it had a name or address.

"property of choi soobin," you mumured.

you went back inside the coffee shop and sat in your seat. you were tempted to open it and see the contents but that would just be invasion of privacy.

you didn't even know the guy. all you knew was his name.

you decided against opening it and put it in your own bag. hopefully, you would find the boy the next day and give it back to him.

as you resumed reading your book, you would occasionally think about the red sketchbook which didn't belong to you sitting in your bag.

it wouldn't hurt to have a little look right? surely it would have the address inside? if you had a little look maybe you would find out more about the owner meaning you can get it back to him?

you pushed your book to the side and pulled the sketchbook out of your bag.

you opened the book and almost dropped it in shock.

what was your face doing inside the book?

"now this is embarrassing. you wasn't meant to see that."

you quickly shut the book and looked up to see the actual owner looming over you with a rather irritated look on his face.

"i'm sorry...i didn't meant to be look."

soobin silently took the book out of your hands and shoved it in his bag.

"i would've preferred it if you left it on the floor instead of picking it up and going through it," he said.

"i didn't go through it. my intention wasn't to be nosey. i just wanted to find your address? it's beautiful though. the sketch i mean."

soobin shook his head. "no, the sketch isn't beautiful. it's just a rough draft. the muse is beautiful."

your cheeks burned as artist sat in the empty seat in front of you.

"let me do my sketch again. this time with the muse right in front of me and maybe afterwards...you can come to my house and see my real artwork?"

soobin finally smiled which warmed your heart.

"just as long as you buy me another coffee." you lightly punched the boy in front of you. "the one i have now is cold."

"deal."