misunderstanding ⁽¹/²⁾ ✎ 연준

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [  ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

"─i told her what she was doing was dangerous but she told me to 'mind my own business'

"─i told her what she was doing was dangerous but she told me to 'mind my own business'. why would she say that when i was just being a concerned friend─wait, yeonjun? are you even listening to me?"

"yeah yeah," yeonjun mumbled, not looking up from his phone.

you raised an eyebrow. "oh yeah? so what was i talking about?"

yeonjun didn't reply he just carried typing on his phone.

he had been paying more attention to his phone more than you for the past couple of weeks. you hated how he'd always ignore you and just 'type away' on his phone.

"yeonjun? what are you doing?" you asked.

"nothing," he said.

you snatched the phone from him and you shoved it in your back pocket.

"y/n!" he yelled. "what are you doing? give me my phone back!"

"no! what would you be doing on your phone that is more interesting than me?"

"that's none of your business! give it back and we can talk about your friend in a second."

"yeonjun...are you cheating on me?"

yeonjun's eyed widened. "no! of course not! why would i cheat on you?"

you didn't reply. you just looked at your hands as if they were the most interesting thing right now.

"look, if you don't believe me go through my messages."

you took the phone out of your back pocket and stared at the dark screen.

"go on," yeonjun prompted. "check my messages."

you switched the phone on and the screen was flooded with instagram dm's from a group chat.

you unlocked the phone and went on to the group chat. you scrolled to the very first messages or else you wouldn't understand what the conversation was about.

LOSER SQUAD 🐸🐸

tigergyu._
yeonjun

tigergyu._
i think we have all we
need for y/n's surprise
party

yourmanjun
that's great

ningning
i managed to secure a
venue like you asked,
yeonjun

ningning
it's really spacious :)

hyun_
&&& i splashed out on
decorations ;)

yourmanjun
i really appreciate all
the help guys

breadboy
y/n is so lucky to have
a boyfriend like you
yeonjun

breadboy
you're throwing y/n a
surprise party and it isn't
even y/n's birthday yet

guilt washed over you. yeonjun was planning a surprise party for you and you've ruined the surprise.

"yeonjun i—"

"i can't believe you'd assume that i'm cheating on you."

he took his phone out of your hand and left the living room.

"yeonjun, wait," you said.

you got up and followed yeonjun into the kitchen.

he picked his shoes up and quickly put them on.

"yeonjun, i'm sorry─"

"no, y/n, just no. you clearly don't trust me."

you frowned. "how did you expect me to act, yeonjun? you can't blame me for being suspicious."

"i just wanted to do something nice for you. you've been through a lot so i thought maybe me and the guys could plan a party for you. you know i love you and the fact that you would even think i cheated on you hurts. what makes this worse is that you've made that assumption before. relationships are built of trust but there seems to be no trust anymore. i seriously don't think this is going to work."

"what?" you croaked even though you knew very well what he meant.

"our relationship." yeonjun grabbed his car keys. "i'll be leaving. it's a good thing i didn't move in with you just yet."

tears rolled down your cheeks as yeonjun grabbed his hoodie from the kitchen table and slipped it on.

"don't leave," you begged. "i love you."

"no you don't," he said flatly.

he left the kitchen and you followed him to the front door.

"we can make this work, yeonjun."

yeonjun turned to you. "well i don't believe we can."

with that he unlocked the door and left, leaving you alone in your apartment.