neighbourhood superhero ✎ 태현

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ] 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

"you'll be okay, right y/n?"

you fought the urge to roll your eyes. "you've asked me about a million times now. yes, i'll be fine."

your mother looked unsure as she hovered by your bedroom door.

"i feel like a horrible mother, leaving you on your own all the time. maybe i should call someone to spend the weekend with you this time?"

"mum, please," you whined. "i'm literally an adult. i don't need anyone here. i'll be fine. go on your holiday, you only live once."

your mother finally smiled. "thank you. call me if anything, okay? don't forget to eat and make sure you stay hydrated because i know you'll spend the entire weekend in your bed. actually do something—"

"common!" your dad yelled from outside. "the taxi is going to leave in a second!"

your mother rushed to you and kissed your forehead before running out of the house, rushing to the taxi which has been waiting outside for about thirty minutes now.

you've got the house to yourself again.

you don't even get excited anymore.

you don't invite people over or have any parties like what people usually do when their parents are away from a couple of days. you just stay in your bed, only coming out of your room to use the bathroom, shower and get food.

you've gotten so used to having the house to yourself, you didn't even care anymore.

it didn't bother you though. being home alone all the time but you enjoyed your peace.

you could actually sleep without your mother irritating you about being productive.

not everyday had to be a productive day.

you didn't want to sleep just yet despite the fact that you were feeling rather sleepy.

to keep yourself awake for a bit longer, you decided to finish the remaining episodes of the drama you started months ago but couldn't bring yourself to actually finish it.

you wanted to at least stay awake till your parents arrived in spain just so you'd know they arrived safely.

you grabbed your laptop from your bedside table and sat in on your lap.

you were about to turn it on till you heard the sound of something falling downstairs.

when you were younger, being home alone terrified you to the point where you'd hide in your closet till your parents returned. as you got older, your fears disappeared and you no longer thought about it.

now you were sat upright, fully alert.

all tiredness left your body but you were not full of fear.

what even was that?