meant to go ⁽¹/²⁾ ✎ 범규

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [    ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

beomgyu felt a sense of nostalgia when y/n glanced in his direction in the cafeteria

it was just a quick glance. her eyes just skimmed past him and landed on someone sat behind him.

beomgyu watched as y/n smiled and waved at the person she was looking at.

beomgyu turned around and rolled his eyes when he saw who it was.

jungwoo.

jungwoo was a close friend of y/n who beomgyu found rather irritating.

he had to sit next to him in science and whenever the boy spoke beomgyu always had a headache.

jungwoo beckoned y/n with his hand and she instantly got up and flounced towards him.

"i thought you were on holiday in sweden?" beomgyu heard y/n say.

"i came home early," jungwoo said. "my mum didn't want me to miss the art exam."

"oh yeah! i'm glad you're back though. i missed you."

"aww, i missed you too!"

beomgyu wanted to desperately storm over to jungwoo's table, grab y/n's hand and leave the cafeteria with her.

he hated that she was no longer his but that was his own fault.

"you could at least make it less obvious." jaehyun, a close friend of beomgyu, chuckled.

"i'm not doing anything!" beomgyu quickly turned around, cheeks reddening.

"you still love her and you're making it obvious," doyoung, another close friend of beomgyu, interjected. "you're literally murdering jungwoo with your eyes."

jaehyun snorted. "yeah."

beomgyu punched jaehyun on the shoulder and resumed eating his lunch.

"just talk to her." doyoung glanced at y/n who was laughing at whatever jungwoo said. doyoung had to admit that y/n was rather cute.

"you think it's that easy?" beomgyu raised an eyebrow. "after all this time?"

"look, man," johnny, beomgyu's other friend, also joined the conversation. "she was understanding about the whole breakup so she might be cool with you trying to talk to her again. you split up with her because you were moving to japan and now you're back."

"this gives you a perfect opportunity to rekindle the flame," doyoung chimed.

jaehyun snorted yet again. "what flame?"

johnny punched jaehyun on the shoulder. "so insensitive."

"i've probably got a massive bruise now." jaehyun pouted as he rubbed his sore shoulder. "i face so much abuse from my so called fri—"

"look!" doyoung pointed at jungwoo's table. "y/n is leaving!"

johnny forced beomgyu to stand up. "go talk to her."

"but i—"

johnny's face darkened. "or else."

beomgyu grabbed his bag and quickly made his way out of the cafeteria.

hopefully johnny will take his unfinished lunch to the bin.

"y-y/n! wait up!"

y/n stopped walking and slowly turned around, eyes widening when she saw her ex boyfriend.

"beomgyu?"

beomgyu timidly made his way towards the girl he once loved (and still does).

"hey." beomgyu smiled shyly. "how have you been?"

"okay i guess...i'm just a bit shocked that you're talking to me right now. when you left for japan you completely cut me of and you returned two months ago and you still made no effort to talk to me but here you are."

"i know." beomgyu sighed. "and i apologise for that. it hasn't been an easy seven months."

"and you think it's been easy for me?" y/n raised an eyebrow. "it's been anything but easy beomgyu. i missed you so much and you never returned my calls or texts. we didn't have to be dating, we could have just stayed friends."

"i know," beomgyu kicked an abandoned milk carton on the ground. "and again, i apologise. i lost touch because i knew it would bring back my feelings for you and i'd feel even worse than i did in japan."

y/n raised an eyebrow. "so why are you back then?"

"it didn't work out with my dad's job so he decided we should just go back to where we really called home. korea. i'm back for good now. i'm not going anywhere."

y/n nodded. "okay...but if you lost touch because of your feelings why are you talking to me now?"

"because i still have feelings for you. i never really stopped loving you. you've probably moved on now so i guess i'm just making a fool of myself so i'll be leaving—"

y/n grabbed beomgyu by his wrist. "no, don't go. don't leave me again."

it all came back to beomgyu.

seven months ago, at the airport. y/n grabbed beomgyu by his wrist when he was about to board his plane and she begged him not to leave.

she was heartbroken.

he was heartbroken but he pretended he was okay so he wouldn't make y/n feel any worse.

"i'll never leave you again," beomgyu whispered. "only if you really want me to leave, i'll leave."

"i want you to leave."

beomgyu turned around and sighed when he saw jungwoo.

"what do you want?" beomgyu huffed.

"for you to get away from my girlfriend."

"girlfriend!" beomgyu spluttered. "since when?"

"it's been four months now." jungwoo smirked.

y/n let go of beomgyu's wrist and made her way to her 'boyfriend'.

"y/n," beomgyu said. "this can't be true?"

"it is," y/n mumured.

jungwoo wrapped his arm around y/n's waist and kissed the side of he head. "when you left she was broken and so i put the pieces back together. she doesn't love you anymore beomgyu. she loves me now."

with that, the couple turned around and left beomgyu alone and frustrated on the corridor.

"this is not how it was meant to go," beomgyu mumured. "not at all."

johnny jogged towards beomgyu with doyoung and jaehyun trailing behind him.

"so how did it go?" johnny asked. "are you guys back—"

"she has a boyfriend," beomgyu deadpanned.

jaehyun placed his arm around beomgyu's kneck. "fret not my dear friend. there's plenty of girls in this school."

yet neither of them are like y/n.

-

major plot twist i know ;)