love hurts ⁽¹/³⁾ ✎ 휴닝카이

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [  ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

"i can't do this anymore."

kai swayed from side to side. he felt sick to the stomach. he knew by the tone of y/n's voice that the next thing she was about to say would possibly crush him.

"you can't do what?" he croaked. he knew what this whole conversation would be about. their relationship. kai didn't want to be right. he wanted to be wrong.

"i can't be in this relationship anymore." y/n never made eye contact with kai. if she was to do so she'd end up releasing the tears she was holding back. she promised herself that she wouldn't cry.

"i-i don't understand." kai's throat went dry. "what have i done? i apologise for every single bad thing I have ever done to you."

"you haven't done anything, kai." y/n sighed. "it's what you are. you're an idol, kai. you're always so busy and i-i never see you anymore."

"that never bothered you before! you said you didn't mind that i had such a hectic schedule!" kai protested.

he was indeed right. kai being an idol never bothered y/n. to be honest kai's occupation had nothing to do with why she wanted to end their two year relationship. there was another reason but y/n couldn't tell him why.

"yeah well...now it does."

tears slipped down kai's cheeks. "we can work through this please—"

"no kai!" y/n slightly raised her voice. "it's over. we're done. finished. i'll be gone by tomorrow morning."

with that y/n stood up and left the now woeful kai alone in the kitchen.

once y/n made it to the bedroom she looked the door behind her and burst into tears.

her phone started to ring but she ignored it. she was in no state to speak to anyone right now.

the phone continued to ring and ring and y/n's ring tone happened to be kai's singing in one of his song's with his group which made y/n cry even harder.

she gabbed the phone, not bothering to check the id and accepted the call.

"what?" she snapped.

"that's no way to speak to your mother is it?"

y/n's sadness had deteriorated and now she was angry.

"what do you want, mother?"

"i was just checking if you've finally ended things with kai?"

"yes i did." y/n shook with rage.

"well done. don't be too upset about it dear. yeonjun is such a lovely boy. you'll be so happy when you finally marry him. you'll soon realise that i've done you a massive favour."

"y-yeonjun?" y/n froze and her blood ran cold. choi yeonjun? as in kai's band mate? his best friend? his brother?

"choi yeonjun, love. he's so perfect and well behaved you'll absolutely love him, trust me, y/n."

the phone slipped through y/n's fingers and fell to the ground. maybe since her hands were sweating so much?

how was kai going to take it? how was he going to accept the fact this his girlfriend dumped him over a matter she never used to care about then she goes and gets married to his band mate with the same occupation as him.