my prince (ver 2) ✎ 범규 💗

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ] 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

tw: fighting ?

a/n: i did it 🤡

•• “don’t worry, i’m here”

You stood through many instances as a child as your parents trash talked the Chois, behind their backs and to their faces. The couple times you'd heard them speak those foul words straight to the Chois, you'd made eye contact with one of the princes of the family, Choi Beomgyu. The other two princes had their eyes down cast but Beomgyu stared with wide eyes right back at you. When you were around ten or eleven one day, your father had invited the Chois over for an intimidating dinner which everyone had to sit through uncomfortably.

Although that was true, you and Beomgyu had abandoned dinner quickly, leaving the other two poor children and your parents. You'd run out to the garden where you showed him the little stream where the rabbits came to play and the bird feeders hanging from the cherry blossom trees. You'd showed him which flowers attracted the most butterflies, and for some time you got along. Then your parents captured you from the moonlight, the Chois taking Beomgyu back home and your parents scolding you for playing with him, banishing you to your room.

You didn't see Beomgyu again for another eight years. You meet him under the guise of moonlight once again, but this time as a princess doomed to marry an old king and and a prince who’s been torn by a war he never wanted to fight.

———

At the promise of your marriage to a neighboring king about the age of your father, you'd been furious. The only other bachelor available within the neighboring kingdoms in which your parents were allied to was Taehyun from the Kang dynasty and he was already promised to someone. Even so, you didn't have to get married, especially not to some old guy. That night, you worked together with your handmaiden to formulate a commoner's outfit, determined to run away.

You were somehow successful in your attempts and escaped at sunset, not remaining in your own kingdom but running into a kingdom that served as a divider between your kingdom and the Chois. Those poor people were always left askew when problems arose between your family and the Chois, although that hadn't happened in quite a while.

You fell asleep that night on a bag of flour at the back of a baker's shop and when awoken by the sun got up wearily with aching bones. You attempted to find someone willing to shelter you at first, but after you were rejected five times, you let yourself get lost in the crowd. Later as the sun began to set, you started to approach people again, begging for a hint of kindness. Eyes downcast, people shook their heads again and again, waved their hands. That was when, as the moon began to shine down upon your miserable figure, you ran into him.

He wore a cloak over his shoulders just as you did, dark eyes hid by shadows, and though he was intimidating with his height, his hands were soft when he caught you by the shoulders. You stumbled back, eyes wide.