secrets ✎ 태현 💗

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [     ]
𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

tw: violence

a/n: idek bro. written on a fancy bus ride to minnesota. taehyun is so fine tbh

You found in the first few weeks of ‘officially’ loving Taehyun that he was keeping secrets from you

You found in the first few weeks of ‘officially’ loving Taehyun that he was keeping secrets from you. Not that you weren’t keeping secrets from him, but it made you uncomfortable, the creeping sense of danger making your heart race more than it usually did when he kissed you.

Yet it was almost thrilling sometimes knowing that he was keeping a secret from you. He’s faithful, you know that well. The secret wasn’t something as petty or harmless as another lover when he’s with you. Absolutely not. It’s something that could likely put your life on the line if you knew what it was.

So that brings you to where you are now. You figured out what his secret was, and he, Kang Taehyun, found out yours.

Taehyun embraced you, his arms sliding around your waist and nuzzled his face into your neck. You stroked his back lovingly and kissed him shortly on the cheek. He pulled away from your neck and smiled at you, leaning his forehead against yours. You could feel behind you, only one of his arms were physically attached to you, pulling your hips closer to his. The other was hovering, a knife clutched in his pretty fingers, a centimeter away from your back.

Taehyun smiled, but you could detect a hitch in his gaze. Fear, and grief. You smiled back at him and your stomach flipped when his gaze flickered. His eyebrows furrowed, but a moment later, he let his unassuming peaceful gaze wash over his features once more. You cupped his face in your hands and leaned towards him for a kiss. Taehyun grinned and met your lips with his. You could feel his arm still hovering statically behind you. He was timing it carefully. And you? Little did he know, you had poison on your tongue. Literally.

Seconds into the kiss, the poison took action and the kiss became breathy as Taehyun struggled to breathe. He stared at you with wide eyes, your name falling helplessly from his lips. You smiled sadly, and felt him press the knife into your back. Your breath hitched and you winced. You’d expected him to stab you quickly, not to make you suffer the pain.

“Taehyun…” You whispered. His eyes watered. “I’m sorry.” He said.

“The poison isn’t fatal.” You shook your head and kissed him again, hard. You could feel warm blood trickling down your back and Taehyun’s arm going limp, falling from the knife stuck in your flesh. You cried against him, cried and cried as he crumpled in your arms and cried and cried for your physical pain. You apologized over and over again. The poison wasn’t supposed to be fatal, and it didn’t affect you for you’d been trained to withstand even the most poisonous snake venoms. It wasn’t supposed to be fatal, but what if something went wrong?

———

Two weeks ago.

Taehyun was gone again. The whole night he was gone. You lay alone in bed, curled up to yourself. You’d expected him to be home early in the morning as he usually was so you would wake up with him holding you to himself, but this morning he was still gone. You told yourself you would lie in bed until he came back for you. Pettily, you promised yourself that. You didn’t give any shts that you had work to do. That could be postponed.

When you heard the lock of the door clicking, you excitedly sat up in bed, your stomach turning as you watched for your lover. You heard Taehyun taking his shoes off and then water running in the washroom in the hall. You heard him quietly walking into your bedroom, only to pause when he saw you awake. His gaze turned all melty in the adoring way it did when he saw you. He approached you on the bed and wrapped you in a little hug, breathing in deeply. “I missed you.”

You fiddled with his hair. “You came home so late from work this time.”

"I had to do some overtime." He smiled at you. You smiled back. You reached out and brushed at a speck of blood on his cheek. You missed a spot.

Taehyun caught your hand and gave it a kiss, unassuming what he'd missed and what you'd caught sight of. You trained your gaze on the spot where the smudge of blood had been. You shifted your gaze and looked Taehyun in the eye, tilting your head. "Let me get ready and we can go make some breakfast." You said. Taehyun pulled you up off the bed and wrapped an arm around you as he led you to the bathroom. "I'll start making batter for waffles." He said quietly. "How does that sound?"

"Lovely."

———

Last Friday Night.

Your hand shook as you held the glass of champagne in your fingertips. You watched the bubbles rise to the top and took a small sip. You were overly aware of the gun strapped to your thigh under your clothes. You weren't sure how you were to face Taehyun that night after what you were about to do. This wasn't the first time you had killed someone. Being in an undercover government position like the one you were in, it was more than expected. The only thing that made you jittery was that it was your first time having to kill someone after meeting Taehyun.

Being with him has made you soft and sensitive. So sensitive. With his sweet words and gentle touches you have developed soft tendencies. You feared you didn't have the heart of steel you once possessed to kill terrible people who do terrible things like you once did. Because you see it in their eyes. At the very last moment you see a flash of fear. The very first time you were faced with that, it sent you reeling and you nearly got yourself killed. You can't risk it again.

———

In full honesty, the day you found out that Taehyun was a major member of The Grey Five, you weren't surprised. Yes, it was the biggest mafia in the country and perhaps he was one of their leaders, but you still felt safe in his arms. You'd also seen the hints before. You'd see the look of hard leadership and steel. You'd seen the blood in the sink that he'd forgotten to wash away and the blood on his clothes that he'd forgotten to take care of himself. Once, you'd spotted him taking out a knife from a thigh sheath and hiding both objects again in the closet before coming to sleep next to you. You hadn't cared enough to investigate. He was still so soft and sweet and the way he looked at you made you shatter with undying love.

———

Of course, you were wrong about the fact that you couldn't kill anymore. Maybe meeting Taehyun did make you soft, but it didn't make you so soft that you couldn't kill. It didn't make you so soft that you couldn't poison your own lover. It broke you to do it, but you knew that's what they wanted you to do. The only thing they didn't know was that the poison wasn't as fatal as they thought it to be. He would survive, you knew it. So looking at the government cctv camera watching the two of you with teary eyes, you brushed the hair out of Taehyun's unconscious face, planted a kiss to his forehead, and smiled to yourself.

It was a secret

-

tyty Random_Linden_Tea <3

if any mistakes were made.

i couldn't copy it so i had to type it instead this time! also lmk if the dividers are in the wrong places and if the overall layout is wrong!)