here with me ✎ 연준 🤍

𝙛𝙡𝙪𝙛𝙛 ☀️ [ ✗ ]

𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 ⛅ [ ✗ ]

you were sat on your own, clutching a freezing cold can of coke while watching complete strangers dance and socialise to terrible music

you didn't know a single person here.

they were all jake's friends.

your boyfriend.

it was his birthday and he wanted to celebrate by having a big party instead of a nice quiet dinner with you.

you obviously didn't mind him wanting to celebrate with his friends. he could celebrate his birthday however he wanted but it was just how he shut down your birthday plans which upset you a bit.

━━━━━━━━━━━★

earlier in the day.

★━━━━━━━━━━━

"happy birthday, jake!"

jake smiled as he took the large hamper out of your hands which you put all your time and effort into hand making.

"thanks!"

he didn't look at the hamper. he simply placed it on the coffee table and resumed texting.

"so many messages," he murmured.

"you're not going to check your present?" you gestured to the large hamper abandoned on the coffee table.

he shook his head. "i need to reply to all my birthday messages first. i'll check later. promise."

you forced a smile as you say beside him on the couch.

he wrapped an arm around you and kissed the side of your head.

"i've planned something for us," you said.

"what?"

"i've booked us a table at that new restaurant you were dying to go to last month!" you exclaimed. "i got the last one! amazing right?"

jake put his phone down and finally faced you.

"oh, y/n. i already planned everything for my birthday. didn't i tell you?"

no.

he never tells you anything anymore.

"i'm having a couple of friends here later. a nice big party. you don't mind right? we can always do the dinner thing another time. not like the restaurant is going anywhere, right?"